Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Data for Keyfigures based on Variable

former_member190408
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to planning. I need to make Key Figure values Zero in Input Ready Query for the selected population from a variable.

Below is a smaple data. There is Reset button in Input Reasy Query and when it is pressed I need to make KF values to Zero based on Region (Mandatory) and Country Variable (which is optional?

Before Reset Button Pressed

Region Country Amount(KF) Quantity(KF) Sales(KF)

Asia      India               100          5                    500
Asia      China              200         5                   1000

NA         US                 200         5                   1000

After Reset Button Pressed

Region Country Amount(KF) Quantity(KF) Sales(KF)

Asia      India             

Asia      China

NA          US          

So, my question is if i use Delete Palnning function and select Region and  country as field in filter and restrict them to respective variables, then as country variable is optional and no value of country is selected and only Region ( Say Asia) is seleted then will this function delete data for all the countries under ASIA region or it will not delete? Do I need to use Fox formula for this?

Its bit urgent.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

the variables in IP work the same way as they do in a query.

Means when you use an oprional variable and you do not select anything, then BW will select all values for that characteristic.

So if no country is selected but a region, the data for this region in all countries will be deleted. The data for all other regions in all countries (in your example for region NA) will not be touched.

regards

Cornelia

Answers (0)