SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting PRA error OIUME 017

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I am getting an error message OIUME 017 while creating a Measurement Point.

Measurement Source is WCMP, but I cannot find any customizing that links Measurement Source WCMP with Measurement type FLEX_MP

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

this error in a normal scenario you should not be getting. Normal Scenario is activation of all the BC sets delivered by SAP thru SFW5. Please activate the BC sets through this t-code, all the configuration related to the measurement system is per-delivered by SAP. All we need to do is configuration the number range.

On activation of the BC sets thru SFW5, your basis admin should be able to help

Hope this clarifies.

thanks,

Muthu

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

this error in a normal scenario you should not be getting. Normal Scenario is activation of all the BC sets delivered by SAP thru SFW5. Please activate the BC sets through this t-code, all the configuration related to the measurement system is per-delivered by SAP. All we need to do is configuration the number range.

On activation of the BC sets thru SFW5, your basis admin should be able to help

Hope this clarifies.

thanks,

Muthu

0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thank you for trying to help me.  This is what I have at the moment:

I believe Extended Features are not necessarily required for basic PRA Production?!

0 Kudos

Hi,

Screen Shot above are the business functions required for activating IS-PRA. What i'm talking about is the BC sets which come within these Business Functions. You can view BC sets thru the following steps.

1) Go to T-code SFW5

2) Go to Menu: System Settings -> Special Functions -> Special customizing. This will give you the list of PRA BC sets that needs to activated for Basic Production. This activation is generally done with the help of the Basis team.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,

Muthu

0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Do you mean that ALL BC Sets OI_PRA* should be activated?  Is it possible to restrict BC Set activation only to specific sets if for example I am interested in PRA Production only and can activate others later?

Any chance you can post your screen of PRA BC Sets?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

All the OI_PRA* and OI_COM* (CUNI Tables - UoM related updates) related BC sets needs to be activated. From your screen shots on the Flex_MP is mainly occurring because measurement system related BC sets has been activated.

Please use the instructions given in OSS Note: 868771 -  SAP ECC Industry Extensions: Copy Special Customizing / OSS Note: 908007 - Special Functions in Switch Framework /SFW5 for activating the BC Set.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,

Muthu

0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I am getting an error when trying to create a Platform:

Also I noted that one BC set does not want to get activated...  Can it be the reason?  And how to fix this?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

your platform error is unrelated to the BC set activation. Platform is due to number range not assigned to the group "13". whether internal or external, we need to assign the number range to the group in the measurement system configuration.

if a particular BC set is not getting activated. we need to see the error log? did you check the error log?

Muthu

0 Kudos

I have searched for quite a while, but cannot find the place in the IMG for this specific assignment.

Below is the activiation log for that BC set:

0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

I think, you might need to raise a OSS message and try to resolve it.

Muthu