Did you mean: 

Std. Workflow getting stuck in Waiting Mode does not progress ahead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Workflow Experts,

*Application Controlled WF

*SRM 7.02

*Standard WF WS14000075 PO auto approval

I noticed the PO workflow had gone into waiting status and thought they are getting stuck… until movements later I see it process further and get successfully completed giving the PO - Ordered status.

As you see in the attachment pic the sub step “Workitem submitted for execution” took 8 mins (20:46) after it was started at 20:38.

What is the trigger point of “Workitem submitted for execution” it will help solve the other workflow puzzles too where they are getting stuck at Waiting Status.

PS: Document was not placed on Hold... as soon as the Rfx response is accepted, system creates the PO and pushed to Ordered status via auto approval workflow.

Appreciate your quick thoughts.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

WS14000075 has a program exit in it's header (the hat icon) (Check in SWDD).

There is nothing between the start of the workflow and the first step - the fork. The gap in their execution time may be related to this program exit - When the workflow starts, the Program Exit calls the only method of class CL_BBP_WFL_ADHOC_FACTORY, method WF_CONSTRUCTOR.

I am not aware of what this method does, but maybe.... maybe it is the cause of a the delay????

Also, check if there is any Condition in the fork step of this workflow. if yes, maybe tweaking the time interval of job SWWCOND can help reduce this time.

Regards,

modak

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

Check the WF definition of the step (which has  “Workitem submitted for execution” ) has a request start deadline?

Also, it would be good to the Technical WF Log (not the Classical Technical WF Log).

regards,

Modak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Modak,

There is no deadline set up.. and heres the std workflow technical log.

Is there any workflow system component that is responsible to submit workitem for execution?

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Nearly there - now please show us the chronological view (instead of the tree view)! Always the most useful, in my opinion.

I assume all other workflows were working fine in those 8 minutes?

regards

Rick

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, look at the Step History of that step.