Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order Required sale again for sales return Qty

neeraj_ahuja3
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Experts

once sales order line item is bill to customer suppose 1000 qty and we have booked sales return against Item Category REN and with return order now we will have to Book again sale for that line item for 500 qty then system should allow us to do the same .

Please suggest, currently system is not allowing as well as stock is there into WBS but its not picking or doing availability Check against the same.

Rgds

Pankaj Agarwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ideally in return scenario, system should not check the stock.  In your case, if it is happening, you have to deactivate that.

G. Lakshmipathi

neeraj_ahuja3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi G Lakshmipathi

its not checking stock as well, i am asking suppose we have sales order of X item having qty 1000 and we did sale of 1000 Pcs for that line item in Sales order and further we have booked sales return also into that line item 500 pcs , now system should allow us to do again PGI or availabilty for 500 Pcs qty .

what should be right practice for the same.

Rgds

Pankaj Agarwal

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
 we have booked sales return also into that line item 500 pcs , now system should allow us to do again PGI or availabilty for 500 Pcs qty .

When you return the stock,system usually keep the stock in return stock type, after quality check if the stock is okay to re sales then the same stock should be kept in un restricted stock type then system will allow to do PGI again for that qty. You can check the current status of 500qtyu in MMBE.

neeraj_ahuja3
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Srinu S

Stock is not an issue , am asking about how to reopen Sales order Line item Qty again for billing for 500 qty. i have to do the PGI against the sales order but system is not showing open qty.

Rgds

Pankaj Agarwal

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pankaj,

Please provide the screen shot of MMBE for the material in the plant which you are going to do PGI?

thanks,

Srinu.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
now system should allow us to do again PGI

No system will not allow you to do PGI against the same sale order, since if you check the document flow for that line item, it will show already 1000 pcs. were PGId and invoiced.

what should be right practice for the same

Create a new sale order and follow the subsequent SD process

G. Lakshmipathi

neeraj_ahuja3
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Srinu

Stock is into unrestricted. ( cleared from return to normal)

if sales order A is having X item which i did sale first for 1000 qty and after few days i did sales return for 1000 qty than my question is ....is sales order A is allow to do PGI for X item again for the same customer , same sales order.

Rgds

Pankaj agarwal

neeraj_ahuja3
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes as you said Lakshmi G  system will not allow us , but is there any possibilites to allow them without increasing Qty. bcoz one sales order is having 1000 Line item and if we are taking sales return in 500 Items than again if i have to make new sales order for all of them.

Rgds

Pankaj Agarwal

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already Lakshmipathi sir advised, you can not create PGI for the same ( original) sales order because it is already PGI and Invoice completed for 1000qty. It is nothing but status of the sales order is completed.

You need to create new sales order and PGI and Invoice.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think, you have not understood how SAP would work and what should be the Best Practice. 

but is there any possibilites to allow them without increasing Qty

No not at all possible unless you increase the order quantity. 

one sales order is having 1000 Line item and if we are taking sales return in 500 Items than again if i have to make new sales order for all of them

Who made this practice?  What is the necessity to have only one order per customer? 

Only three options are left with you.

• You increase the order quantity to another 500 pcs, for the same line item, do availability check and carry out delivery and billing
  • You create a new line item in the same sale order and do subsequent activities
  • You create a new sale order and do subsequent activities

But again, what you wanted to follow is certainly not recommended.

G. Lakshmipathi

neeraj_ahuja3
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Srinu ,The only option which i also know about Subsequent delivery but requirement is Like in MM if you see Purchase order will allow you to make GRN again if goods return to vednor done and again PO qty will open , the same scenario Client is looking for SD.

Rgds

Pankaj Agarwal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is GR(Goods Receipt) complete for Return quantities(500 qty)?

Thanks, JP

neeraj_ahuja3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti P

I didn't understand your answer in context of my discussion post.

Rgds

Pankaj

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay, let me rephrase my statement.

DateTransaction & QtyStock(Qty)
29 AugCust A - Sales Order - 1000 Qty, stock confirmed1000 Qty
1 OctCust A - GI Delivery - 1000 Qty(Outward Movement of Goods)1000 Qty
2 OctCust A - Customer complaints and Return Order is created - 500 Qty(No Goods Movement)

No Stock

(- 500 Qty)

Cust B - Sales Order - 500 Qty, can't confirm, as no stock
Straight forward Scenario - Return of Good as unrestricted stock
3 OctCust A - Customer Returns the Goods(unrestricted) based on Return Order GR - 500 Qty(Inward Movement of Goods)500 Qty
3 OctCust B - Sales Order - 500 Qty, stock confirmed as happen based on unrestricted stock
Alternative Scenario - Return of goods as special stock
3 OctCust A - Customer Returns the Goods(Special Stock) based on Return Order GR - 500 Qty(Inward Movement of Goods)500 Qty*
3 OctCust B - Sales Order - 500 Qty, no stock confirmed as happen based on unrestricted stock

No Stock in unrestricted

(-500 Qty)

That mean, have you received back the stock, which you like to confirm against the new sales order. Hope that clarifies by previous question.

Please refer following SCN Wiki to understand Customer Return:

- SCN Wiki on Customer Complaint Methods

Thanks, JP

neeraj_ahuja3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti

Stock is reversed from Customer A with and now stock is in unrestricted stock , now the same customer and same sales order line item is not allowing the PGI.

i am not going to confirm with new sales order i want to do with the same sales order.

Rgds

Pankaj

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which one is your scenario?

For Customer A, whether that is

Scenario 1Scenario 2
10001 - Sales Order 1001(1000 Qty) 10001 - Sales Order 1001(1000 Qty)
80000001 - Delivery PGI(1000 Qty)80000001 - Delivery PGI(1000 Qty)
1000100011 - Billing(1000 Qty)99000001 - VL09 to Reverse the GI for (1000 Qty)
150001 - Return Order(500 Qty)
90000001 - Return Delv PGR(500 Qty)
1100100011 Credit Memo (500 Qty)
If this is the scenario than once PGI is done for delivery with reference to sales order. Sales Order is Technically complete and can't re-open same line item to reprocess the transactions again.Partial quantity reversal is not possible.

Thanks, JP

neeraj_ahuja3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti P

Scenario-1.

Rgds

Pankaj Agarwal

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Scenario-1.

Already you can find my comments for that scenario in that post, similar are others view regarding this.

Well, there is fair difference the way a PO and a Sales Order works. Thus, as per standard not possible. Discuss the same with your customer's COE and accordingly advise the business side customer.

Thanks, JP