cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

History log is not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team

History log is not updating when travel request is rejected but working the same when it is approved and log is updating perfectly for expenses report. We have issue only for travel request, can anybody is having any clue?

Thanks

Venkatesh

capture -recent one which is not working

Capture2- earlier one which works correctly

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

the History log is working as intended, it's just not working the way you expect it to. The status texts for the log entries for the Request-Status are polled from the Domains REQ_APPVL_STATUS. Since there is no explicit Status for a rejected Travel Request in Standard, the only thing that might happen is that an entry will be logged for Request Status = 'Open' or none at all. Your observation that the Processing Status does reflect upon an expense claim that is waiting for a workflow event is correct as well, because here, the status combination ANTRG = '6' ABREC '0' will be interpreted as "rejected" for the Trip Process Status field in the history log.

I know it's designed in a very confusing way, but that's how it is 😕

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas

Thanks for your quick response on this and got clarified the issue. But still wondering how it works  some time back in our system as per attachment and based on this i thought that there is something which we can do

Thanks

Venkatesh

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

wait a moment. In your screenshot the Settlement is cancelled, that's a perfectly valid use case. But in your opening post you were talking about the rejection of the Request (which isn't logged for the reasons I explained).

History log is not updating when travel request is rejected but working the same when it is approved and log is updating perfectly for expenses report. We have issue only for travel request, can anybody is having any clue?

I don't get what you mean with "it works earlier". Please elaborate.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again for quick reply, we have 3 options for travel request

1. approve

2. Reject (in this case the settlement status is showign as cancel based on screenshot)

3. Sent back for corrections

History log updation worked 2 months back and now it is not updating

Thanks

Venkatesh

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

the actions of the Workflow's decision task do not imply there is a status for each of these actions.

Approve --> Status ANTRG = 2 ABREC = 1

Reject --> Status ANTRG = 1 ABREC = 0 (same as Request in Drafft)

Sent back --> Status ANTRG = 1 ABREC = 0 (again, same as Request in Draft)

History log updation worked 2 months back and now it is not updating

What do you mean with "worked", in your screenshot it doesn't show any records according to your assumptions made in your opening post.

Please be very clear with exact terminology what you want / what you expect and what is happening.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas

Worked means log updation. Anyway thanks for clarification

Thanks

Venkatesh

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkateswarlu,

glad I could clear out the confusion a bit ^^

Cheers, Lukas

P.S. Did you recently change your display name or did I use a wrong name in my salutations the entire time? -_-

Answers (0)