cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why crystal reports Generate multiple files from 1 run?

Former Member
0 Kudos

when I generate a report with multi-pages, Crystal reports generate multiple files, one file for each page!

how can I make just one report with multi-pages?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That does not sound right...

An RPT file will contain all the pages.

Let me know the following:

Version of CR

As the query is in SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio I assume you are using .NET. What version of .NET?

How do you know there are multiple files? E.g.; what do you see? How do I duplicate what you are seeing?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am running CR Crystal version 12.1.0.882, .Net version 4.5.1.

using a program called P21, made by Epicor Software Corporation, this program is using CR to print checks.

I use PrimoPDF printer driver to print to a PDF, when i do so, PrimoPDF prompts me for file name for each check, so if i have a run with 50 checks, it prompts me 50 times!

using PrimoPDF with any other applications it does not do that, it prompts only once for the printout.

any ideas.

Thanks.

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Consider contacting the companies behind the software packages you are using for tech support related to why their software behaves in a certain way.

If they can't provide the desired behavior, at least one of the 3rd-party Crystal Reports desktop schedulers listed at http://kenhamady.com/bookmarks.html allows you to burst a report in a single pass, so that each check becomes a separate pdf, email, etc.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are probably exporting to HTML. In such a case, each chart/logo/picture becomes a separate image file.  There is no way around that, but there are ways to improve the naming of these files.

Or perhaps you are exporting to HTML and din't notice there is an option to generate one file per page, but you can turn that option off.

Tough to tell because, as Ludek indicated above, you are not providing enough detail.