Hi All,

We are implementing a Workflow with following steps

Applicant-Approver1-Approver2(Final)

We are implementing the routing logic using BRFPlus.The logic here is

If $100 then should go to User_1

If $200 then should go to User_2

If $300 then should go to User_3

If $400 then should go to User_4

Now there is a tricky situation wherein if the amount is $400 then it should first go to User_1 for as Approver1 then to User_2 as Approver1,thento User_3 as Approver 1 and finally to User_4 as the  Approver2 which is the final approver.

In short it should be routed to all these approvers before being routed to the final approver.

How to do it using BRFPlus and SAP Workflow?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Concerning the BRF+ part of your question you have several options:

• You can define several result columns in your decision table so you can directly enter the list here and return the list of your four approvers
    -> This approach has the big drawback that you have to limit yourself to a maximum number of approvers in the design time. Hence, I would not go for that approach
  • You can specifiy in the decision table that all matching entries (not only the first one) are returned to the caller via a table (table settings - section result data object -> Settings: return all matches found). So you just enter several lines with value $400 in yoour decision table with different approvers in the result column. This way you have many degrees of freedom concerning the number of potential approvers. That is why I would favor this solution. Nevertheless you should think about the sequence/ priorities of the apporvers as an addtional result column in order to have a clear ranking which one has to be adressed first.

This way BRF+ delivers the decision who is in charge of approving the request. The iteration of the list and the firing of the tasks  from my point of view has to be done in the SAP workflow.

As I am not an workflow expert I don't want to give you any advice concerning the best way to model the scenario in SAP workflow, so here I would propose to ask for advice in the corresponding area here in SCN ()

BR

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks once again with a very helpful answer as usual.

Will implement it as per your inputs and will get back in case of questions.

Thanks once again

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

By the way there's a chapter on BRFplus and Workflow in the latest version (version 3) of the Practical Workflow for SAP book.

This gives some examples on how to work with BRFplus and Workflow that you might find helpful.

Rgds,

Jocelyn