cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Java web service Proxies in nwds 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm trying to consume the WSDL (Which has been generated from PI. ESR) by following the below thread in NWDS 7.3 but I'm not successful in doing so.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwesrce/helpdata/en/45/100c6be9f87201e10000000a155369/content.htm

In NWDS 7.0 I could able to do generate Java proxy by creating the project File-->new -->project-->web services-->Deployable Proxy Project--> and Proj name and Finish. Once created it will open in Web services Prospective and appears in Client Explorer and we can create the proxy by right clicking --> new--> client Proxy Definition. I want the same thing in NWDS 7.3 also, but in 7.3 I'm struggling to have the similar steps, I found above help document but it is not that clear. Appreciate if any one has document or point to the right thread which has document/example in performing the sa,e thing in NWDS7.3.

Below is the screenshot from NWDS7.0. But want to do the same in NWDS 7.3

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Durga, for providing the documents, really helpful. However I have created the Web dynpro DC as below and had few questions when doing it in NW 7.3 version.

Points which I have performed.

1) Created the Web dynpro Java (Web services) DC and application in NWDS 7.3 version.

2) Created the Model's and imported the WSDL from local/ESR (SAP PI web service)

3) created the Service Groups and which populated Service references

4) Deployed the DC in the AS Java 7.3 and configured the Consumer Service Groups for interacting during run time.

Now my question is can we import multiple WSDL's by creating multiple models as shown in the picture? along with the multiple service groups in the same web dynpro java DC? Will it work?

And if yes, If want to use this model from this (Web services) DC to another DC if I add this as dependency and model to the public parts that will do the trick? or will I have do any other configuration/ settings to use this DC in any other DC? Appreciate  if you could take a look at this and advise?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes to all your question

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes ,all your question

You can import multiple WSDL's in DC.Each WSDL have one model and .But one thing is there END POINT of WDSL check this one no need any other configuration.

BR,

Durga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun and Durga,

I have created the Web dynpro DC and imported the BAPI from ECC using Adaptive RFC 2 Model, imported successfully to NWDS 7.3, but I'm not finding a way to create the service group, is it not possible to create the service group?? if not what would be the similar solution as I have committed to this architecture. Appreciate your help on this

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why you want service group to be here?

it is not supposed to be here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun/Durga

I am in the similar situation as Dil. I ve the wsdl (PI webservice) with me. I want to use it in a WebDynpro DC. Do I need to generate a proxy for that? If so, why? Why can't I use it as normal web service which is deployed in portal?

Thanks

Manoj

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

you can use the normal webservice, no need proxy.check this document may be help for you.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50d70a19-45a3-2b10-bba0-807d819da...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/900bbf94-a7a8-2910-e298-a651b4706...

Otherwise any doubts means post the new thread.

BR,

Durga Rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

Thanks for replying. But I know how to consume a web service that is being hosted in same server. Let me explain in detail: For example I develop and deployed a web service in CE* server and I use that web service in WD java. My question is "I have the WSDL for a web service that is deployed in FXD, and I want to use that web service in my WD component that will be deployed in CED. How to do it?".  Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Manoj.

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

May be read this your doubt will be clear.

Creation of Client Proxy (Consumer Proxy) for a Web Service</title><meta name="descrip...

and one more thing you have the WDSL file means no need to create any proxy.Just import and maintain the endpoint url for the wsdl.

Regards,

Durga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

Once again thanks for you time. I ve the imported the wsdl which I have and what next? How do I maintain the endpoint yrl for the wsdl? Tolerate my knowledge on the subject, I am new to this.

BR,

Manoj

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Your create model.After open the model there logical ports folder will be there open that folder inside your WDSL will be available.Here one option is there Target Address. This option is the endpoint url here you need to maintain the your WDSL endpoint.

Otherwise use the code for setting the endpoint before modelObject execute you need to set this link

ex;_wdContext.currentModelNameElement().modelObject()._setEndPoint(endPointURL);

wdContext.currentModelNameElement().modelObject(). execute();

BR,

Durga.