cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powerdesigner 16.5 Apply model changes to database

Former Member
0 Kudos

When trying to apply model changes to database (SQLServer 2008), PD does not generate the correct SQL code to drop and create the references in the following situation.

The structure of a parent table changes as such that it has to be dropped and recreated. The PK of the parent table is dropped without dropping the references to the child table(s). The drop fails because of the reference(s).

The workaround is to manually drop all the references preceding the drop of the PK and create the references after the creation of the PK.

Is there any solution available for this problem? The version I'm using is 16.5.0.3982.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186838
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there were some fixes in this area in SP2 or SP3. Did you test if the issue persist with the latest support package (SP04) and latest patch level (PL01) or SP03 & PL04?

best regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I'm having a test drive of PD and two other data modelling tools. Within two weeks we have to decide what tool will be chosen as the DM tool for the client site.

When I try to download the patch, I get the following message:

You have selected a download which requires a Technical Support Contact registered with MySybase. Please register your Technical Support Contact at ....

Is there another way to apply the patch mentioned by you to the trial version of PD?

Thank in advance.

Soeniel.

former_member186838
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry Soeniel,

SAP Market Place is the only place I'm aware where you can download the patches.

Not sure if you will get a newer version if you download a trial version from SAP.

BR

Stefan