cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB Syncronization manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using MaxDB 7.6 Version .Currently trying out Syncronization Manager To Replicate MAXDB Database To Mysql Database (Server(maxdb db name: MASTERDB) To Client(mysql db name : CLIENTDB ) ).I have MAXDB And MYSQL in Same Machine.Also copied sapdbc.jar,com.mysql.driver.jar in /lib  folder.

I have configured and started Message server & Syncservice  for maxdb database MASTERDB Only.Currently,Iam stucked out in Syncmangui while configuring mysql as client . I could chose mysql driver but i couldnt connect to mysql.Also I want to know whether  to configure Message server and Syncserver for MysqlDB and also i want to know whether iam missing steps in client side.If iam missing steps please suggest me.

Steps I Followed

-------------------------

1.Running Maxdb Database : (db_online)

2.msgserver start ( maxdb  database instance)

3. syncservice (maxdb database instance).

4.syncmangui

added replication table for maxdb MASTERDATABASE

for client i tried mysql db name but i couldnt connect to it.I have selected mysql driver jar

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thorsten_zielke
Contributor
0 Kudos

The Synchronization Manager is a MySQL tool. This forum is about SAP MaxDB - please contact MySQL regarding your Synchronization Magar issue.

Thorsten

Ok, sorry for the confusion. The SAP MaxDB migration tool has undergone some name changes starting with 'Replication Manager', then for a short time indeed 'Synchronization Manager' and since MaxDB 7.7 we call it 'Loader'.

I am afraid since the Synchronization Manager is about 9 years old there is not much support for it anymore...

My suggestion would be to first upgrade your MaxDB to a recent version like at least 7.7.07.48 or 7.8.02.40. Then, use the 'Loader' as part of the Database Studi GUI or from the command line.

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten Zielke,

Thanks for your reply sir,Iam new to maxdb. I have installed Maxdb 7.8 as you said  and its working fine.I am Currently working on replication concept in Maxdb to Mysql Db ,when i searched in sites i came across syncronizatin manager only.is it possible to replicate to mysql .If so please suggest me steps to do replicate maxdb  database to mysql database.

Thank You,

thorsten_zielke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to migrate from MaxDB to MySQL you can use the MaxDB 'Loader' tool - for continous replication from MaxDB to MySQL I am sorry, but we do not have such a tool available (Synchronization Manager has been discontinued...). Loader is really the only option...

Thorsten

Answers (0)