cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few questions related to CBTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have few questions related to CBTA tool.

1. How to do looping statement in CBTA tool. ( Ex: DO...ENDDO command in eCATT ).

2. How to attach a conditional checks to an existing CBTA test scripts. ( Ex: Similar to Script Control -> IF, IF....ELSE, EXIT ).

3. How to attach a step in the middle of existing CBTA test scripts. ( Ex: Similar to SAPGUI ( Attach ) command in eCATT ).

4. How to reset the session in CBTA test script ( Ex: Similar to (ResetGUI = 'X') in eCATT ).

Regards,

Siva

Message was edited by: Siva Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva Kumar,

CBTA is similar to eCATT with only difference of editing the script. To add or modify the steps you need to first create and record the test script. Then go to the test script from test repository, double click on it, a new window will be opened with Script info. Under that go to tab 'Test Script' and click on edit button. This will show the recorded steps. You can now add new step  or condition at the last row using 'CBTA Default Component' under column type. Press F4 for column 'Name', search for the CBTA component for e.g. 'IF" , 'ELSE' etc to provide the conditions.

For CBTA components and its usability, please follow the link.

SAP Solution Manager WIKI - Test Management - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

in that select the document CBTA 3.0 SP02 - Runtime Library and Default Components.

After providing the description for the added step, you have to provide values to the parameters including URI. (You can find the URI of a component on a screen by clicking on 'Technical Information > Object Spy'). Save the step and move its position using UP or DOWN button where it is required. You can pass the parameters in between the steps by making them 'Exposed '. For detailed information please follow the link :

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2014/12/01/how-to-use-the-new-c...

Regards,

Rutvik.

0 Kudos

This questions are also interesting for me! I hope there is someone out here who can provide some helpfull information.