Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Re instantiate the entire VB Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

Current Scenario :

Initially i am uploading few icons with the help of application class in vb using method GET_INITIAL_ZIP_ARCHIVE,

then i am using these icons and displaying in my VB  with the help of adapter class and feeder class.

Now,I have a button in my fpm component.when i click on the button I am getting controls in my adapter and feeder classes but my application class method GET_INITIAL_ZIP_ARCHIVE is not getting called.

My requirement is on click of a particular button in FPM i want to assign new icons dynamically hence i should get control again in my application class.

to assign new icons.

How can i achieve this?Please suggest.

Thanks

Siju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182119
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Siju,

Method GET_INITIAL_ZIP_ARCHIVE is only called once at start/initialization of the application. At this time you have to provide all resources needed during the run of the application. VOs like spots just reference those resources. Later you can change those references, but you cannot provide further resources.

BR Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Uwe,

Appreciate your quick reply!!

That means its a one time activity.

Is there anyway I could restart the VB component  only on click of a button or reinstantiate it.?

Thanks

Siju

former_member182119
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Siju,

From the VB point of view this is possible, but not recommented since it is quite bad for performance.

However, I can't tell you how this can be done in the FPM environment. I will pass on your question to someone from FPM.

BR Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Uwe,

Thank you for your help and response!

Regards

Siju

former_member205613
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Siju,

from FPM side we want to know why you want to change the icons at runtime.

Do you only want to change the icon for a spot or do you want to change the icon set to have totally other icons.

Can you please explain us the use case so we can check how this is possible within FPm.

BR

Heike

FPM Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Heike,

As Uwe said. there is no issue in loading the entire icons during start of application and give the reference of spots later. I am done with it.

But at fpm level I am facing an issue while integrating VB component with FPM.

Initially my VB+FPM looks like this :

Now when I navigate to a new page on click of a button in fpm and come back to this page again my screen looks like as below :

My VB Component freezes and a complete black screen appears not even the default zoom button is visible. Can you interpret what is going wrong?

Quick reply will be highly appreciated!!

Thanks

Siju

former_member205613
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Siju,

this is more consulting or an error that you are facing. Can you please create a message and sent it to SAP Component BC-WD-CMP-FPM and we will have a look at it.

regards

Heike

Answers (0)