cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATS WDA - Clock Times are hidden in QA system

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After extensive discussions in this forum, I was enlightened that the way to make the Start and End Time columns appear in CATS WDA ESS screen was to set the HIDE_CLOCK_TIMES_IN_WEEKLY parameter in the Application configuration from X to blank.

1) We copied the default Application configuration into Z.

2) Set the parameter to blank

3) updated LPD_CUST to point the relevant service to the Z configuration.

4) Tested extensively in development system, and everything worked a treat.

We have now transported the lot into QA system, however the clock times are hidden., and we get this messsage which has never appeared in DEV

"Selected columns could not be personalized"

We have verified the following

1) All transports have gone through in the correct sequence, and no failures or RC 8 and above have been reported.

2) On right clicking on the CATS WDA screen and going to Technical Help, the screen is definitely reading the Z configuration that we have transported

3) on reveiwing the Z configuration, we can see that the HIDE_CLOCK_TIMES_IN_WEEKLY parameter in the Application configuration is still blank.

What could possibly be wrong? Anyone seen this kind of thing before?

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

first of all why you need to make it a Z configuration? You can set the parameter to blank in standard config itself! http://help.sap.com/erp_hcm_ias_2013_02/helpdata/en/30/e67780e37f4f5a90105a9e9205660f/frameset.htm check note? 1759565 - CATSWD: Selected columns could not be personalized 1952513 - CATS WDA: Columns in timesheet cannot be hidden properly 1739604 - Switching between the data entry profiles does not work

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth

We have discussed this before. For some reason, SAP has moved this config into the Webdynpro application. Which makes it a development object, requiring an access key to modify. And if we ask for an access key,alarm bells ring out in project management. What was the need to move a perfectly working CAC1 configuration into the Webdynpro - Especially, one that is a pretty common business requirement - of requiring start and end times to be recorded in the time sheet. The only way we could have modified it was to copy it into a Z object.

The three notes you have provided do not seem to provide the solution.

I am not trying to hide any columns that are mandatory, and  I have not configured it for use with Multiple Profiles.My problem is that something which has been configured, tested and transported doesn't seem to be working in the target client. I am trying to figure it if some key object has not got saved in the Transport request, and if so, how do I trouble shoot this.

Thanks and Regards

Harish

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you try to create a transport again? It should work,I m not sure whats missing, unless we check your system is any ticket is raised too for SAP?

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Redoing the Transport did not work - This was expected - Because it was a simple Transport, just one parameter stored in it, and I could see the parameter corrcetly maintained in the backend configuration screens. RC was 0, there was nothing abnormal when transported in the first place.

One of my remote colleagues seems to have fixed the issue - he says the parameter for HIDE_CLOCK_TIMES_IN_WEEKLY was stored as "X" in some kind of cached shared memory, and this overrides any config, and he cleared it - Would you please be able to shed some light on what this is all about? Is it something to be done by default everytime we transport a change to the Webdynpro? Is there any SAP documentation about the use of shared memory in these transactions?

Thanks and Regards

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

did you clear it using SHMM? By default application would set that parameter as 'X'. http://scn.sap.com/thread/3348479

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, that is what we did, Used SHMM to clear some shared memory thing, and it worked.

There is no documentation which states that this has to be done. It is very confusing

1) There is a configuration in CAC1, to ensure Clock Times show, but has no impact on portal

2) Then there is  Webdynpro application configuration, which SAP says we should use. Although it is not technically necessary to  copy into a Z-config, I am sure it is not an incorrect method to do so. But even this does not impact because

3) It is set as X anyway, by default in the shared memory. and there is no documentation which mentions this, and no way of guessing that transaction SHMM has to be used.

At one time, SAP used to give detailed application help, and now it is all very esoteric.

Anyway, we are finally up and running with CATS WDA, hopefully there are no more issues.

Thanks and Regards

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

we ll ensure we reflect this, also, SHMM is known in WD ABAP development and you are bang on it doesn't tell you to clear the memory anywhere in the documents!

Answers (0)