cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up an Oracle credential

0 Kudos

I setting up an Oracle credential to use as the Remote Run as User on a destination Process Server. The job and credential run as expected but my issue is when I want to promote my job to QA and Prod. According to documentation I have to declare in my  Remote Run as User as user@database, my problem is the data base name changes in QA and Prod to "database_qa" and "database_prod". As I promote I will need to change the Remote Run as User to reflect the database name for the environment that the job is running in. Does anyone know of a way around this type of issue, I attempted to use a Virtual User but this doesn't appear to work when logging into an Oracle database.

Thanks,

Jim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

You can use the job definition parameters JCS_REMOTE_USER and JCS_REMOTE_ENDPOINT. Simply specify the Oracle service name in JCS_REMOTE_ENDPOINT and the user in JCS_REMOTE_USER, you will be able to use ImportRuleSets to change the parameters when you promote job definitions from QA to prod.

Regards,

HP

0 Kudos

HP,

I was able to use the ImportRuleSets as you suggested for job promotions. Thanks for you help.

Jim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use the System_Variables table for lookups and use a REL expression =Variables.getString('<key entry>') in your parameter defaults for the JCS_REMOTE_ENDPOINT parameter. This way you do not need importrulesets.

Regards Gerben

0 Kudos

Gerben,

Thanks for the the insight. This does exactly what I needed.

Jim