cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting database login prompt from viewer from previously running report

Former Member
0 Kudos

With Studio 10 and Crystal 11 I've been running a report for a number of months with no issues.

I have these two lines of code after getting my first dataset:

UCRpt.Load(reportPath)

UCRpt.SetDatabaseLogon(etc)

As I said in the header I'm suddenly getting prompted to log into the database by the report view for one of the datasets.

Nothing about the dataaset was changed and I'm pulling my hair out.I checked the result incoming data and it appears to be what it's supposed to be. Additionally, when I reverted to the inline code that had been running previously I still got the prompt, which I didn't expect under any circumstance.

I did change the code from inline queries to stored procedures, but I've checked the content for each of the procedures and there's been no change to the output columns.

Any thoughts?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perhaps a column data type or size has changed.  Use Crystal Designer to do
Database, Verify Database...
against the Stored Procedure.  This would re-sync the report with the data source.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This took awhile, I've narrowed it down to a reference to a non-existent dataset. I've completely removed the dataset from the application, but it wants to retain the reference and I'm having hte devil of a time finding what I need to do to make it go away.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go into the report(s) and make sure that none of them are referencing the dataset.  If they are, use the Database>>Set Location menu option to change them.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's a picture of the reference. There is no dataset with that name and this dialog won't let me delete this reference. Is there anyway to remove it?

The dataset with that name was removed from the project and deleted. This is the last instance of that object name string and I've no idea how to make it go away.

Thanks

Chrsi

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since it won't let you delete it, I suspect that it was used in a report that's part of your project.  Please edit each report and look at what it's using in the Database Expert.  If it is using this old dataset, you'll need to use "Set Location" on the Crystal>>Database menu to change it.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems confused. As you can see it's got one version at the top and it's point to correct version. The difference in the character string. One is "propertylost" and the other is "property_lost".

I want to keep the second and get rid of the first. Is there an easy way to remove the bogus database connection identifier? The proper one is "dsUCRProperty_Lost".

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like it's connecting to the correct .xsd, so I would try pressing F2 on the connection name and changing the name to match that of the .xsd.  If you've done "Set Location", Crystal may keep the old connection name even though its pointing to the correct location.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm really confused. What part of the above can be renamed? The piece highlighted in blue cannot be renamed. The piece to the right of the black bar is the actual name of the dataset as defined in Visual Studio........

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I look at this from a different angle....

There is a main report with about 16 sub-reports. Until just the other day this was working just fine. Now, with no change to the underlying dataset object, one of the sub-reports has decided it needs to prompt for the database login. I had that problem quite awhile ago, but it based on missing information in the web.config file. Once that was dealt with I've not had this prompt since.

As shown above the report has the necessary database login information. I use the same process (pattern) for connecting data to the sub-reports which is;           mySubRep.SetDataSource(dsName)

This works all the time on my desktop and has worked for months from the web servers. And then about a week and a half ago, for the particular sub-report, it stopped and I get prompted to login.

Any body got any ideas?

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Right-click, Edit Subreport.  Database, Verify Database...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Been there, done that............a lot. I'm at the point of deleting all of the Crystal Objects and trying to rebuild. This situation has been incredibly frustrating. The timing for this issue couldn't have been worse.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have finally caught the Logon Failed error in the diagnostic log.  Does this help anybody?  Sometimes I get this error, sometimes I do not.  I still have not figured out why.

..\..\src\print\datasource\dsmgr.cpp:4474,Analyzing report for group by,User selected not to group on server,""

N/A:-1,Analyzing report for group by,Elapsed Time,"0"

..\..\src\print\datasource\dsmgr.cpp:4419,Analyzing report for group by,Start Time,"09:56:41"

..\..\src\print\datasource\dsmgr.cpp:4420,Analyzing report for group by,Analyzing for formatting,"TRUE"

..\..\src\print\datasource\dsmgr.cpp:4447,Analyzing report for group by,First visible level,"4"

..\..\src\print\datasource\dsmgr.cpp:4463,Analyzing report for group by,Details section is visible (require all levels),""

N/A:-1,Analyzing report for group by,Elapsed Time,"0"

..\..\src\print\datasource\dsmgr.cpp:657,createNewDataSource,Start Time,"09:56:41"

N/A:-1,createNewDataSource,Elapsed Time,"0"

..\..\src\crpe\crpe4.cpp:2673,GetNthTableDataConnection diagnostics,Start Time,"09:56:41"

..\..\src\crpe\crpe4.cpp:2674,GetNthTableDataConnection diagnostics,<jobid,table:connection> pair is ,"<1,0:2>"

N/A:-1,GetNthTableDataConnection diagnostics,Elapsed Time,"0"

..\cserrinf.cpp:511,Creating new error object,Start Time,"09:56:41"

..\cserrinf.cpp:512,Creating new error object,Code,"31816"

..\cserrinf.cpp:513,Creating new error object,Error message,"Logon failed."

N/A:-1,Creating new error object,Elapsed Time,"0"

..\..\src\crpe\crpe4.cpp:2673,GetNthTableDataConnection diagnostics,Start Time,"09:56:41"

..\..\src\crpe\crpe4.cpp:2674,GetNthTableDataConnection diagnostics,<jobid,table:connection> pair is ,"<1,0:3>"

N/A:-1,GetNthTableDataConnection diagnostics,Elapsed Time,"0"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you find any resolution besides rebuilding your report?