Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure status profile

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

My client requirement is such that he wants to include some additional sales stages in sales cycle of opportunity such as qualification of opportunity by sales employee and assignment of opportunity to sales manager.We want to provide these two stages as statuses in the opportunity status profile.So am planning to copy a standard status profile and add the above sales stages as statuses and assign the status profile to my opportunity transaction type.Please let me know if this is appropriate or not.Qualification is already a sales stage in my opportunity transaction type.

So is it just like i modify an existing status profile and assign it to business transaction type by going to the details?

Pls guide me how to do the configuration as i am new to status profile concept..

Regards

Jaya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jayalakshmi,

First you client requirement is that  they want sales stages 1)qualification 2)Assignment to manager.

Since you have mentioned that you  have sales stage 1)qualification already defined please add the second one  alone in the sales stage only.Dont add these in status profile. Reason:since the sales stages define the chance of success. if u select" qualification" sales stage FROM THE DROPDOWN MENU u can see the chance of success FIELD as 20 % like that. so based on sales stages  , the chance of success is calculated.  this chance of success helps the sales manager in  taking decisions  and analaysis eg: he would first process opportunites which have chance of success  more that 70 % ideally . so add the second only in the sales stage only and not in the status profile. Additional info : Only the status with Won would change the Chance of success to 100 % and no other status changes the chance of success.

Also set the percentage for the second sales stage  like 60 % or 40 % based on  your/client requirement.

Reward with points if it is helpful

Regards

sai

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Actually in my scenario chances of success is not required for the customer.Client assumes that these two can be added as sales stages,but we are finding it appropriate to give assignment to manager as a status.So is this fine in the scenario i mentioned?so i want to add this as a status and assign to my transaction type,so that once the employee sets this status further activities can be carried out.pls guide as i am new to this area.

Regards

Jayalakshmi I

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jaya,

Just confirm with your client once if is ok for them to have  these two as Statuses as he has Assumed that it  will be as sales stages only  as per your statements. .If yes, then go ahead.Go to spro-->transaction-->basic settings-->settings for opportunites-->maintain status profile for opportunites.Assign it to transaction type. go and add the two statuses and save it. Then these two will come as statuses in the opportunities. then u can carry out  further activities .

even if u add these two as sales stages further activities can also  be carried out .

defintiions:

Status profile: defines the  current status of the Business transaction like opportunity, sales order,quotation etc.

Sales stage: Indicates the current stage in which the sale  process   of the product  is going through which is set by the employee responsible.

Reward with points if its is helpful.:).

Regards

saivenkateswar

SAP labs india