cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

notify processed BDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Quick question, can anybody please advise that if we want to notify the end user for the processed BDOC by an email what is the spro configuration, i have tried with the SMW00 but no sucess.

Quick reply with be highly appreciated.

Rgrds

AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmedi,

Below is the path to setup message for Bdocs. No other option avaliable.

CRM-> CRM Middleware and Related Componenet -> Message Flow Setup ->Assign Error Action to Message

I feel you wanted to send a successful status to user when an order created for an example so saying for Bdocs when processed. This you can achieve by Actions only not by this way.The action can be controlled by Status of the order example in case Order status in Open Action will pick those orders and send email to Users. Please elaborate you requirment in more detail.

Thanks,

Prem

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm sorry but may you please elaborate a little bit on your requirement? Because usually you want to notify a user when errors occur (not when Bdocs are correctly processed...). So there is nothing in SAP standard delivery to achieve your requirement... and if you really need it, some modification to SAP coding will be necessary, with a tricky part: find a way to notify the user only when a Bdoc is correctly processed after the first try (because you certainly do not want to notify someone for every Bdoc that is correctly processed without going first into error).

Regards,

Nicolas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nicolas, for your reply, absolutely making sense, but in my requirement I want to send a notification to the manager when a new Business partner is created, instead of handling in the webui level I want to handle this in the back end as when the BDOC is created, you are right that I am not sending all the BDOCS but based on the criteria STATUS, BDOCTYPE, USER.

Regards

AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmedi,

For this requirement, I would suggest you to explore through work flow Technics. Notifying through bdoc is not a recommended strategy.

Rgds

Hari

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmedi,

I was about to answer but just saw that Hariprasad Nagalapur just said what I was about to say: workflow is the way to go to fulfill your requirement. You'll just have to subscribe to event "Business Partner Created", and then you'll have everything you need to determine the right manager to send a task to, etc. So there is really no point in trying to do that through Bdoc analysis.

Cheers,

Nicolas.