cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trigger email when employee responsible is changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Kindly advise how to trigger email when the employee responsible is change to another employee, is there any standard workflow to achieve the task or this needs some enhancement,,, I mean development. I assume this can be achieved out of box.

Regards

AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmedi,

For which transaction are you referring? Is it Opportunties?

Rgds

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Its an appointment, kindly advise.

Regards

AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assuming your requirement is an email must be sent when the employee responsible is changed so that new employee responsible receives that information, did you try using Action Profile and create a Z one for your type to send the email based on that change?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmedi,

May be below links are useful for you. Please try.

Rgds

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Thanks for the links provided, but none is matching to my requirement, can you please  be able to send me some doc which will help me to achieve this requirement.

Employee responsible should receive an automated notification via email when

1 - When opportunity is created on the system.

2- When the employee responsible is changed.

need some help ASAP, points will be rewarded for the helping answer.

Regards

Ahmedi

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Many thanks but this is not something standard what SAP supplies, this is asking for development. Do you have something out of box what sap delivers.

Regards

Ahmedii

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would investigate if you can achieve your requirement trough workflow, as I'm not a workflow expert I can't guide you further.

as other members already recommended You can use actions with a custom complex schedule condition, which can be done through BADI. I would have two actions

1- will be triggered only one time, which will notificate the opportunity creation

2- Only will trigger if emp responsible is changed, via custom schedule condition (BADI) and will be triggered N times, of course if the condition is met.

I had written a blog which can give you sone hint, at least had very usefull links.

Cheers!

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Luis, still I am trying to understand whether I can able to achieve my requirement out of box.

Email when:

When oppt. is created on the system.

when Employee responsible changed.

Kindly advise.

Regards

Ahmedi

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry but I don't understand, what do you mean by out of the box?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for making it not clear - I mean to say by SAP Standard(no enhancement).

Regards

AM

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe the first scenario can be done without coding only via actions, the second, probably you will need to code in order to do a complex scheduling conditions (somehow check if the employee has changed) via BADI as I said in my blog there's some hints and useful links:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis - highly appreciated, thanks for the advise, can you advise or provide any doc which I can see the required configuration steps involved when I create an opportunity the action is triggered.

Regards

Ahmedi

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't have any one, but there is a lot of information trough SCN like this:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/CRM/Action+profiles+in+SAP-CRM?original_fqdn=wiki.sdn.sap.com

tejas_joshi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello AM,

Please tell us how you are trying to achieve the change in Employee responsible.

Also here is the link Which would help you to trigger Notifications after employee responsible is changed.

CRM Marketing - How to trigger the campaign Approval workflow via Actions - CRM - SCN Wiki

Check out steps 3, 4 and 5 in the Link.

Thanks,

TJ