Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SAP BI easy to learn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends, I  am B.Tech Graduate in(Electronics and Communications) .I want to become Sap Consultant. Last month i joined SAP ABAP in Hyderabad,After 3 weeks I came to know that programming is not my cup of tea. I left that course .I am not interested in programming. Is SAP Bi easy to learn?. I have good knowledge in SQL. How much time will it take to complete SAP BI . I am from hyderabad. Can you suggest some good institutes in Hyderabad for SP BI

3 REPLIES 3

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini

The question as to whether something is easy of not would entirely depend on your aptitude, interests and skills.

What is your general background within your education/degree. I think you need to take the time to learn more about your skills before you jump into the next training course.

What have you researched about SAP BI? Have you looked at some of the free online courses (including SAP Learning Hub Discovery Edition) to get a better understanding? Also, you could have a look at help.sap.com for some basic overview.

In relation to institutes, have a looked at SAP Education site for your country and they will have a list of authorised training providers

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini,

Learning any module in SAP or anything that purely based on your will and interest towards to learning.  You might be ended with BI because someone would have suggested you this module.  Before deciding your module, first check what are you good at? Which SAP stream are you more interested in? For example - Functional, Programming, Administration, project management etc.

Go to SAP website list out all SAP modules and systems, then check which one most interest you to learn and get motivate.

You need to do some research on you and as well as SAP.  SAP BI is a very good market globally.

Be patient and learn.  If you check previous discussions in the past, many group members suggested institutes in and around Hyderabad.

Best of luck.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini,

Nothing is difficult and nothing is easy. For your kind information, long time back, I have also joined ABAP course in pursuit of becoming Techno-functional consultant. Later, I realized, it was not my cup of tea. So, do not need to much worry.

BI will be categorized into three:

Modelling (Right click, create, if you are good at it, nothing beyond that )

Extraction (Out of these three, little difficult nut to crack, many of the BI consultants, still find this area difficult with different types of extractions)

Reporting (You would really find it interesting if you are creative person like a kid on MS Paint. I am sure you would also like this as you draw number of Business Explorer (BEx Reports), which are really interesting)

With your SQL skills, BI would surely be interesting and every time you need to keep your motivation levels high.

All the best.

Kind Regards,

Ravi