cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate approver for an outgoing payment based on separate profit or cost center

Govind_Sharma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per standard approval process, outgoing payment approval is present at company level.

But, we are expecting different user based on profit center or cost center (separate manager for each division) for outgoing approval.

I have checked approval processes, but nothing is mentioned about outgoing payment management.

Can you please suggest any solution on this situation?

Thanks

Govind Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Govind

Let me explain you the Outgoing Approval setup. It is two-step process.

1. Settings to distinguish the payments which should go for approval.

This can be done in the Business Configuration settings (Payment Approval -Outgoing Payments)  as in your first screenshot. Here you can set the threshold based on Company , Payment method and the user who creates the payment in the system.

2. Who will approve the payments.

This can be done in the Application and User Management - Employee Work Distribution. Here you can set the approver on the company for payables, receivables and Liquidity Management.

Your query is more related to the second part of settings. You can just setup different approvers for the Customer Payments (Approver for Receivables), Supplier Payments(Approver for Payables), and manual Payments(Approver for Liquidity Management), at the company level.

Now if you want to setup the approval process at the Profit Center or the Cost center. This might be just a workaround way of doing it and not a perfect solution.

1. Make sure that all the Cost Center or Profit Center Managers have the access rights to approve the Payments (for e.g. assign Managing My area and Payables work center).

2. Don't set up the approver settings in the system.

3. If there are no approvers maintained in the system, the payment will go to all the responsible approvers and hence all the managers will receive this approver request.

4. The responsible manager can approve the payment and rest can ignore it.

Thanks

Parveen

Govind_Sharma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

One quick question: In  screen shot 1, we can specify the user ID, I believe that user will become approver for all outgoing payments. (Irrespective of business document)

Let me know your thought on this.

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Govind

The User ID here is not meant for the approver instead it is for the User who is creating the payment. For e.g. If you want the payment to go for approval irrespective of who is creating the payment, then you will keep this blank,

If you want that if some specific user creates the payment above a threshold ,only then it should go for approval. In that case you can maintain one line for each user here.

Approvers are setup in the Application and User Management - Employee Work Distribution.

Thanks

Parveen

Answers (0)