Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SAP Bw is a good choice to get trained

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi My name is Raghu I completed my B-Tech in Aeronautical and I am work at present as Dispatcher for Oracle DBA and I am interested in SAP BW.

Please suggest me is SAP BW good for my career. 

17 REPLIES 17

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not sure. I have the impression that the business warehouse concept might become obsolete with HANA-databases as you can directly report on them without having a data warehouse (like with SAP Lumira). Still HANA liscenses are expensive and you have a huge installed base of SAP BW on the other hand.

Best regards,

Thomas Wagner

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the valuable information, as HANA has a programming background but I don't have any programming knowledge so which is better to start my career in SAP

Regards,

M.Raghu

former_member183425
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes.

SAP BI is very good Plat form to start the career in SAP world. If you are interested in programming SAP ABAP is another option available, These two modules are like entry gates in SAP World.

do not get scared of HANA in the market, in HANA also we have some cubes related to BI, BI May dependent on HANA databse, but it will never be absolete.

Regards,

G S Ramanjaneyulu.

0 Kudos

Hi Ramanjaneyulu,

Thanks a lot for the valuable information, so as a beginner I can go with SAP BW BI right?

Regards,

M.Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi Ramanjaneyulu,

Can you help me out in finding the SAP BW materials

Regards,

M.Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu

Please search SCN, Google and SAP Training and Education. You will find this question has been asked and answered several times over.

In relation to actual SAP material, this will not be distributed to you unless you attend a training centre as it is SAP copyright material.

Regards

Colleen

0 Kudos

Hi,

On google if you search with bw terms you will get a lot of links.

please go thru them and read as you can.

Even you can visit all BW forums and see the Content tab. it may contains all documents and blogs which are related to BW topics.

Below are the SCN BW forums.

Go to each forum and click on conent tab. it contains all docs and blogs along with discussions.

use filters on docs or blogs. You will get docs or blogs as per the filter.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Actually I am planning to join the course in the month ending so before joining the course I would like to have at least basic knowledge on it so that it would be easy for me to understand.

Regards,

M.Raghu

0 Kudos

please search on google by using search term as "Learning SAP BW: Every thing that beginner needs".

You will get very good document/SCN links which are very helpful for beginners.

0 Kudos

Hi Ramanjaneyulu,

Thanks a lot for the information I will search as you suggested.

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi,

It's good to participate first in SAP courses.

I'd suggest you to check:

- AC305 BI Enterprise Reporting, Query & Analysis.

- BW330 BW – Modelling & Implementation

- BW360 BI – Performance & Administration

- BW310 BI – Enterprise Data Warehousing

- BO100 – BusinessObjects Integration Kit for SAP Business Warehouse (BW)

- SAPBO – BusinessObjects for SAP NetWeaver BW

They're not for free of course. In my case the courses were paid by the firm I work for.

Regards, Leszek

0 Kudos

Hi Leszek,

Thanks for the valuable information it helped me a lot.

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi,

<<removed by moderator - glad to hear advise is helpful>>

Regards,

Leszek

Message was edited by: Colleen Lee  it's a better method not to tell people to award helpful and correct answers as it can be misconstrued as points gaming/cheating/begging.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I remember being instructed in the same way. At that time I was learning how to use SCN and was greatefull for that instruction.

But, no problem I won't do it in future.

Regards, Leszek

priyanka_kumari23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI ,

SAP BW is completely out of your B -Tech degree. But at the same time it is something which can be learn by graduate from any stream. I would suggest you to go for SAP BW on Hana instead of simply SAP BW .Because we should always be updated of whats new in the market.

Thanks,

Priyanka

0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Thanks for the great information. I will go on to it but is HANA required programming knowledge? as i don't have any programming knowledge.

Regards,

Raghu M

0 Kudos

NO , but you should have a good knowledge of SQL.