cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Establish DataConnection between Design Studio and RFC Web Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am wondering if it's possible to establish a data connection between design studio and a web service to read and write additional data?

Also I found the following snippet to achieve it with and ajax jQuery command and I am wondering if that works with design studio sdk.

The question now is - What requirements are to fulfill to gain something like this like authorization and SOP Same Origin Policy.

Best regards,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christian - I don't think Design Studio currently supports this - see http://scn.sap.com/thread/3325114

Maybe in the next release when there is a data source SDK - see Figure 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tammy, thanks for your reply.

But the Design Studio SDK uses jQuery for development which means that I could fire through jQuery different AJAX events which transfer the data.

So I am wondering if anybody tried to use this way for reading/writing data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, regarding your link: Does it mean that QAAWS is the same as a normal RFC Webservice?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tammy - Would it be possible with 1.4. not only to read data from a non SAP source but also writing data back to a webservice?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christian - I don't know as I don't have first hand knowledge of 1.4

I will try to ask at TechEd this week

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I have done the write back functionality with our (VisualBi's) Custom Component called scriptbox. Even it could work in SAP DS 1.3 version. In my application I have used jquery and ajax to send and retrieve data from SAP. Also I have resolved same origin policy issue. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please refer the following blog which was published by Keerthana on VisualBI's Custom Component Script box and html box.

http://scn.sap.com/community/businessobjects-design-studio/blog/2014/11/03/customize-sap-design-stud...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

just to link it together... example implementation is here

of course, CORS must be solved by configuration (either web dispatched in front of both systems or the correct response headers)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Same origin policy issue can be resolved by adding access-control-allow-origin: * inyour own HTTP handler class and add the class in the HTTP handler list of your web service under SICF node. You can add the following abap code in your IF_HTTP_EXTENSION~HANDLE_REQUEST method of the HTTP handler class. 

call method server->response->set_header_field( name = 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin'

value = '*' ).

This will resolve the CORS,SOP issues and you can call your webservice from any origin after implementing HTTP class.

Thanks,

Ramki.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

great solution! Did I undersand you correctly, that you created your own class, added it to the Handler-List of a specific Webservice?

Or did you change the IF_HTTP_EXTENSION~HANDLE_REQUEST directly?

Again, great Idea, Thanks!