cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Rated Sick Leave on Separation Action

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

I want to prorate the Leave Quota at the time of Employee separation . Currently the Leave quota is generated when run time evaluation on the day of their Service anniversary. And when separation action runs, the Leave quota is manually changed as per the pro prated days . The requirement is to make the system to prorate automatically when separation happens..

Hope the standard settings could applied for the above requirement .

Please guide .....

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked WPBP button in T559L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sikinder,

WPBP check box is marked in the table V_T559L

Thanks

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Joy,

May i know how your time evaluation runs. is it daily or for the whole year??

Thanks

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sriram,

TE runs on daily basis.

Thanks

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check with reduction rule V_T559M there check the radio button Pct of inactive calendar days give as 100% from, To then check whether it is working or not it depends on other configuration tables of Quota generation.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

The percentage of Inactive calendar days are 100% only.... I have tried changing the to Percentage as "proportionate reduction" from No reduction, but still the quota is not deducting after Separation action.

Please help.

Thanks

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is Quota generation process accural period, Base period,base entitlement, accural entitlement etc.

It varies depends on the Quota generation rules.

Regards

Venkatesh

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Joy,

Are you generating leave on monthly based? If it's yes then check with below answer.

Check T559L radio button of based on the work center and do this connect with the date specification in IT41. By this you have to write a PCR and based on this calculation will come.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

The SL Quota will generate in the date of service anniversary of the employee.

e.g

If the employee joins on 21.06.2013, then the SL 20 days will generate only when the Time Evaluation runs on 21.06.2014.

Find below the Screen shots of V_T559L

Thanks

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far i understand you are generating quota's with a time type and further more change your base period to calendar year, Half yearly, Quarterly according to the requirement i.e Quarterly - X days Half yearly - X days, Yearly - X days

Based on above period you make changes to base period instead of accural period then it will work.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

You mean to say changing the validity period in the Table T559V . But this will also changes the period on generating the Quota ,right?

But ultimately ,we do not want to change the existing method of Quota deduction. Please guide.

Thanks

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Joy,

As per your configuration that in every day through time evaluation you are adding data to time type. Am i correct?.

Now once employee complete his year of service then SL leave will be accumulated in his Quota. Correct?

Now if employee has been separated in beteen anniversery period then he will be getting only those quota amount which has been accumulated till date in time type. Am i correct?

If all those are correct then my questions are

1.what's the number value are you transferring to time type while time evaluation?

2. If employee gets his SL after completion of his year of service then at the time of his separation why you want to give his accumulated quota even he can't use it else if it's a paid leave.

Please clarify. Since it's all we can control through day type concept in IT41 or else you can go through my reply on below thread. It might be help you.

and http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-56095

Check and tell me.

Regards,

Sankarsan

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Base period means Base entitlement not validity period as per configuration it is accural period V_T559E change it then system considers inactive days with respect to base period.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

As said,I have changed the base entitlement period to Calender year.

And I run the Pre-Separation Action,then I have run the PT60. it is pro-rating one month Quota. Quota validity period , i.e generated on 21.06.2014 valid to 31.12.2014. Total Quota per year is 20.

So 20/12=1.6 Days / Month. for June 1.6/30*10= 0.5479 Days.

Pre-Separation run on 13.10.2014. I want to pro -rate the Quota up to 13.10.2014

Please guide.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sankar,

What you have said in the earlier reply is correct. We are having the same practice.

we have written the custom function to read the employee joining date and there is an PCR to generate the Quota in to the defined Time type. The total Quota Value is 20 days/ yr.

The balance pro Rated Quota days are paid to the employees at the time of separation.

Thanks

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You want 6.02 quota value should come against Quota type 20 with from 21.06.2014 to 13.10.2014.

Am i correct?

Share the Validity and Deduction configuration for this quota type.

Regards,

Sankarsan

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you clarify one more thing whether you are generating quota on monthly 1.6 days or yearly 20 days how you are generating.?

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sankar,

You are right, the Quota value should pro rated to 6.02 days. Please find below the screen shot of the Validity and Deduction interval for Absnece Quota. .

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

The Quota is generated in advance as 20 days yearly. This will generate at time of employees anniversary date.

e.g

If the employee joins on 21.06.2013, then the SL 20 days will generate when the Time Evaluation runs on 21.06.2014.

we have written the custom function to read the employee joining date and coded to generate the quota with refer to the joining date and month. There is an PCR to generate the Quota in to the defined Time type. The total Quota Value is 20 days/ yr.

Thanks

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have pasted a screen shot on Oct 2014 02:30 PM the value is 0.05479 that per day accrual can you paste actions 0000 screen shot with overview option it helps to understand.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

Please find below the screen shot of Action 0000.

Thanks

Praveen

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the importance of Pre separation action in what kind of situations maintaining Pre separation action provide the necessary details of business process in what cases Pre separation action record will be maintained for employees.Employment status is appearing as "3" then reduction rule does not work make changes depends upon business requirement at configuration level where it should be "0" then only it will work.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

As you said, if i run Separation action instead of Pre-Separation, then the employment status would be 0. But when running the PT60 after separation action, this employee will not be considered by the system as the system will not process the employees on the separation date. So how the Quota deduction will happen by running only Personnel Action 0.

Thanks

Praveen

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check what is the time type value in ZSCQ on 12.10.2014.

Further more employee is getting separated from 13.10.2014 to 31.12.9999 then time evaluation will not be considered this employee and any calculations will not be happened.

For this we have to keep employee is in active status only and we have to reduce the time type value that we can decide based on time type value.

that we will check on the basis of your time type value can you paste time type value of 12.10.2014.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

ZSCQ time type has not been generating on 12.10.2014. ZSCQ is generating 20 days only on 21.06.2014, as the employee joined on 21.6.2013.

Thanks

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make your employment status as 3 and change your base period as accrual period  and will try to map with using PCR.

use operation OUTWPMASSN

OUTWPMASSG
                       HRS=1
                       ADDMBXXXX(Period balance)
Then later place one more PCR
HRS=MXXXX(Inactive days)
HRS*0.054(251*0.054=13.55)
HRS*-1(13.55-)
ADDDBZSCQ on 21.06.2014
Regards
Venkatesh
Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joy,

Do like the below of Validity/Deduction Interval.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

It seems your PCR will works out. I am working on the PCR you have said, Can you elaborate about the point for inactive days you have mentioned in the PCR,

HRS=MXXXX(Inactive Days).

Thanks

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have mentioned for your idea purpose when employee is got separated with an organization i.e he is inactive but we can not show the status as inactive so we can show him as active but we will assume that he is inactive with respective to action.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

Thanks for the PCR explanation, and can you tell me what monthly time type and how could I create it for Inactive days in the place of HRS=MXXXX.

Thanks

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create one time type in table t555a with save as period balance option and then utilize in PCR.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

I have written two PCR's as said, and start getting the value in the Time Type ZSLP after the date of Pre-separation action as 1 for a day. The second PCR calculates the daily quota value 20/12 months=1.6,  then 1.6/30*10 = 0.0555.

I want the Total number of days of the employee from the date Quota generated till the Pre-Separation day.

e.g the quota generated on 21.06.2014 and pre separation run on 13.10.2014, Now the total number of days will be 10+31+31+13= 85 days. So I can calculate 85 *0.0555 = 4.71 days to be overwrite in the time type ZSCQ(Absence Quota 20).

Please help me with the operations used for the above scenario to place in first PCR.

PCR 1 :

PCR 2:

Also please correct me ,If I am going in the wrong method.

Thanks

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned earlier  there you have to multiply the value with HRS*-1 add one more line next to HRS*0.0555 in PCR ZSLI then it will go update the value in ZSCQ time time type.

Regards

Venkatesh

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your query is answered you can close thread.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

I was on long leave. Sorry for the late reply,

I have tried as you said, but it comes the same with negative value. Below screenshot is on 13.10.2014 ,i.e on Pre-Separation day. first PCR gives value 1 (Time Type: ZSLP)  and second PCR gives -0.06(Time type ZSCQ)

Please help

Thanks

Praveen

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when employee joins on 21.06.2013 quota will get generates on 21.06.2014 and again when quota will get generates on 21.06.2015 only right.?

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

What you have said is right. Quota will generate on the employees anniversary date..

Thanks

Praveen

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then quota will get reduced on 21.06.2015 only since we are showing him as active and executing time evaluation.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy Venkatesh,

My requirement is when the employees leaves in between the anniversary period, the Quota should Pro-Rated. In the ablove mentioned case, I have run the Pre-Separation action on 13.10.2014 with employee status as active.

Calculation must be ,at the date 21.06.2014, 20 days. When run the Pre-separation action on 13.10.2014, the Quota should be 1.6666/30*10=0.5555(For Jun month), 1.6666 * 3 = 4.9999 days(For Jul, Aug and Sept), 1.6666/30*13 = 0.72 days(For Oct month, 13 days)

0.5555+4.9999+0.722= 6.2774 Days when employee leaves.

I guess We can go ahead with the difference operations in first PCR, Please suggest....

Thanks

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System does not work in that pattern understand the table V_T559L transfer time importance you defined it as accrual period i.e system transfer the value according to accrual period since your time type is getting updated with 20 days on anniversary date on that date only we can transfer the value to 2006 you are expecting that transfer time should be anniversary date for all but separated employees you wanted to transfer it before anniversary date it self how system knows when he is going to be separated system will not predict the separation dates right better try to code this part i.e implement an exit.

Even if you wanted generate quota on every day basis with active employees you have to fix a transfer time and you have to generate the value 0.054 on daily basis.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy Venkatesh,

Sorry for the late reply. Actually the requirement has been taken to the technical side.

ABAPér has been programmed with little Functional side support on writing PCR's to achieve the above scenario . Once it has been done, I will update the same.

I must thanks venkatesh and all others for supporting extensively.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

The above scenario has been done with the above said methodology. The ABAPér has been programmed to bring the employees No.of working days from the anniversary date till Pre-Separation date, and the value(No.of working days) places in to the Time type . The functional side config has been done with the help of PCR using the same time type(ZPSD) to pass to the required Absence Quota with the pro ration calculation on the Sick leave quota.

Now the quota is prorated correctly, but it is accumulating with the yearly entitlement with the Pro-rated days.

For e.g:

At the time of Anniversary(Mar 2014) employee will get 20 days per year, and when he separated on Dec 2014 his pro-rated days are 15. Now, he is getting updated 20 days(Actual Entitlement)  + 15 days(Prorated entitlement) = 35 days in 2006 infotype as a single entry from 01.03.2014 to 31.12.2014.

Now I wanted to shown these two quota days separate entry in IT2006 as

01.03.2014 to 04.12.2014(before pre-separation date) = 20 days(Actual Entitlement)

05.12.2014(Pre-separated date) to 31.12.2014 = 15 days(Pro-Rated entitlement)

Refer below the PCR written for the above scenario.

Please guide me....

Thanks

Praveen

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On what date you are passing value 15 to time type as far i understand you are passing 15 to time type on 01.03.2014 anniversary date in that case it does not work ask technical consultant to pass the same on pre separation date -1 to time type.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

Thanks for your reply. Actually the PCR is written to pass the prorated value to time type ZSCQ which is used for absence quota generation.

ZPSD is the time type containing total no of working days worked till pre-separation, which is brought through the program modifications.

So here we didnt specify anything to trigger based on the dates...thats why Its just clubbing with the actual entitlement(20).     Please guide if any possibilities are there....

Thanks

Praveen

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understood the same but the thing is in that way it does not work on a particular day you have to generate a time type that is on pre separation -1 then only it works.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkatesh,

If it is ,then I have to create the another time type to store this prorated days, but how can I use two time type in a single absence quota type? I am not sure on this . Please suggest....

Thanks

Praveen

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It does not make sense even though you create one more time type since time type should get generate exactly on pre separation date then only it creates a new record with absence quota 15.

No use we create one two three time types on other days since we can not predict when an employee gets separated once employee gets separated then on that particular day time type should be available with quota accrual days xx then only we can create a record through rule and configuration else again need to create a record with the help of technical consultant.

Regards

Venkatesh