Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement EA-PS Software Component latest release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Our package number is SAPK-61705INEAPS (see below), with release status is 'R':

We found a new support package, but this is in 'L' status. What does this status mean? Maybe "locked" ?

Can we use this package or we should wait for 'R' status?

If yes, when will the new package status arrive?

Thanks in advance,

Andras

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Andras,

Status 'R' is released.
Status 'L' is locked.

So you shouldn't be able to download this package from SAP Service Marketplace.
Support Package Stack 6 of SAP ERp 6.0 EHP7 is planned to be released in October of this year.

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for this imformation, I will check it every day, if it will be released this week (or latest next week), than we have chance to implement it in our new SAP system, before we would apply our developements. Otherwise it needs addtional efforts (SPAU), as a regular patch level upgrade.

Regards

Andras

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andreas, dear experts,

The required SP level (Support Package Stack 6 of SAP ERp 6.0 EHP7) was relesed on 14-th of October. Wy tried to implement it with SUM (SAP Upgrade Manager), but this is not possible, because of a missing porerequisite in SAP_BASIS component: SAPK-72001INSTMAIN

Is it really necessary? Because, we don't have such a component (SAPK-7200 ... INSTMAIN), and because this component does not exist, when a try to serch it on OSS:

Please give somebody a clear view, is it possible for us to implement Support Package Stack 6 of SAP ERp 6.0 EHP7? What sould we do in order to execute this? Should we implement SAPK-72001INSTMAIN for SAP_BASIS?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Andras

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andras,

From the screenshot I see that current EA-PS version is 705 while planned version is 706.

It implies an enhancement update.

Best approach would be to use SUM tool to perform this update using stack.xml file from solution manager. This will ensure you have the right patches available, downloaded and implemented.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have upgraded our new system with SUM (SAP Upgrade Manager), the problem is, that this package was not able to download from SAP Service Marketplace, however, I have seen this package with the status "L" (which menas "locked", as I was informed from Andreas Lichtenau).

Regards

Andras

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andras,

I am stuck in the same situation, not able to find ST,720/SAPK-72001INSTMAIN package in SMP and that is why am not able to install SAPKB74008 package.

Please find below the screenshot:

Please advice.

Regards,

Rachit Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rachit,

I have a good news for you: you don't need this, for implementing this SP level. Within a specific "Prerequisite set" (for example "Prerequisite set 02") it is enough, if there is at least one condition with green light. You need to worry only, if all lines have a red X within one "Prerequisite set".

So just go ahead!

Regards

Andras

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andras,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried to install the same using SPAM but am getting the below error:

and when I use SUM tool to install the support pack by choosing manually, am getting the below error:

Please suggest how to install this package.

Regards,

Rachit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachit,

I am not a basis expert, just a consultant. So I am not an expert of this technology / tools, like SPAM or SUM. But, I have a feeleing, you shouldn't have to choose the "manually" option. I think you have to use some "automatically" procedure within SUM, where SUM collects (and downloads) all the necessary components for the relevant SP level. Thats the only one way, as far I know. In other words: you can not upgrade "manually" an SP level for one individual component  (for example only for SAPK-61706INEAPS), it is possible only with all "necessary" components. This "package" will be collect / done by SUM automatically for the requested / targeted SP level.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Andras