cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I use ahref tag in sap design studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I have a requirement where I need to create more links each opening in and outside the same window I need something more than using application.opennewwindow, have anyone achieved this with some simple way or by using SDK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jeroenvandera
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you're looking at an SDK. in Script you only have the opennewwindow method in the application component.

You can either go for a component where the other page is rendered or simply create a href method in the SKD component that is opened in the same page or a different tab in the same window.

Jeroen

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thinking out loud here:

Even with SDK, I wonder how the expectation is for the BI Application to handle this.  For instance the application has at least 1 IFRAME layer shimmed in there so you'll get the effect of the parent page URL not changing.  Secondly, I wonder how we'd need to allow this to work in a Mobile usage?  Should this work in the BI Mobile app or not?

In either case, Desktop or Mobile, how does the user return to their BI Application?  I think clicking back would not be reliable way to return to the last application state versus a complete BI App reload to initial state (a suspicion, not tested).

How about an SDK component that allows in-app page navigation in its own IFRAME so that the user doesn't get "stuck" on the page.  This could come in the form of a resizable panel that could occupy whatever region of the application makes sense without messing up the BI Application session.

Hmmm, maybe something not too hard to do...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

you can try out the component

or the DIV solution by Mike:

kohesco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

this is an example of url scripting, I used a button to trigger the link, the variable g_bel is a value from the report that I push through.

you could use text-component as wel and set the link in the "on event".

so no ahref is needed to mask your url

0 Kudos

Hello Balaganesh,

What do you want to open on clicking the link.  is it another SAP BI or SAP BO objects.  If it is a BO Object you  are looking to use, then you can use opendocument url as link and there you can control if you  want to open it in a new window or the same.