cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

legacy Asset transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a new company code. It has to transfer two legacy assets. Rest other assets will be normal assets, created through AS01 and subsequently capitalised through ABSO. For the two legacy assets, depreciation has been posted in legacy system, up to period 06.

Now , in that case, I would have to set the date of take over as 30.06.2014, and last period of dep posted as 06, 2014.

My question is is there any other way to do this? as we just have 2 legacy assets for which we have to do this config.

This will make the assets created by AS01, also, to be depreciated from period 7 only, even though they are not legacy assets.

So please let me know the correct approach here.

Regards

SR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should have used AS91 instead of AS01 and ABSO.

There is nothing like working for two assets. The take over date would applicable for all assets in the company code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks.

For the assets I would transfer from legacy, I will use AS91. But for the assets created there after(meaning , not transfered from legacy), I would use AS01 . So for the Assets created through AS01, the depreciation, instead of getting calculated and posted from period 1, will now be posted in period 7. Just wanted to know, if this is fine, and if there is any otherway for setting the depreciation figures for the two legacy assets.

Regards

SR

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why you have not included these two assets in asset data migration?

The only option is you need take these two assets on the basis of net book value.

Create AS01 and post ABSO at the net book value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The Asset data migration has yet not happened and as part of that there are only two assets to be migrated . For that I would do the Date parameter related configurations.

My question is about the other non legacy assets that will be created in system through AS01.

For them, the depreciation,will now be posted in period 7. Just wanted to know, if this is fine.

Regards

SR

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for my misunderstanding.

Only two assets for legacy data migration? I have never come across only 2 assets for data migration.

You should have migrated all the assets through AS91.

Any posted depreciation should be entered into the ordinary depreciation posted field in AS91.

I can sense there is something wrong.

Answers (0)