cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired life of the asset in periods not updating

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a question regarding the expired useful life of the Asset when doing the Tcode: ABT1N.

When the asset from Company code 1201  which had been capitalized in july 2014 had run depreciation for two months, it transferred to Company code 1301 in the same year 2014.

However, the original useful life has not been updated? Has anyone can help on this?

Best regards

Jill

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check in the Asset Explorer, Parameters Tab whether the Expired useful life is updated or not. As from above its looking that you have taken screen shot of AS03, Depreciation Areas tab and then double click on a particular depreciation area. Is that had made any change in the values or any amount?

Regards,

Malhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malhar,

I went to AW01N for checking paramers tab, the expired useful life is not updated as well. I also did some research. Some said the expired useful life only can be updated when the year is closed. However from my point of view, it should be updated as long as the depreciation had been run. So did i miss anything i should set up?

really appreciated for your advice.

Thanks very much!

Cheers,

Jill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jill,

The expired useful life field denotes useful life expired at the beginning of financial year and not the expired useful life as on date.

So if the asset is capitalised during the year it will be having "0" years expired at the beginning of the year.

So it will be updated only in the coming years.

Hope it is clear.

Regards,

GSR

former_member188964
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jill,

Expired use life would be updated after the year end is closed.

Rgds

Shasih