cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InterCompany Asset Transfer ABT1N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a question relating to ABT1N Transfer Variant. We have a scenario in a merger process where we need to move existing Assets from CompanycodeA to CompanyCodeB. In this process we have arround 2000 assets that are in only main books (01& 30) and not tax books(like 10,11,40 etc) in CompanyCodeA. I need to understand how we can transfer assets to only main books with out creating Tax books in the target company codeB.

I know we can do it manually but we have 2000 plus assets so need to figure out how to handle this by creating new Transfer variant. Once target asset is created we cannot deactivate the unwanted tax books using AS02. I would appreciate if some one can provide some solution as we need to fix this immediately. Please let me know if I am not clear or need more info regarding this issue. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Nagi Andole

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin,

Thanks much for your response. I agree with the config you mentioned but we cannot restrict dep Arease at this place. "Specify Transfer of fields" deals with all the Asset fields associated with Asset master record.

Please let me know if I missed anything.

Regards

Nagi A

former_member184878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Use customizing for specification:  transfer of fields.

br erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagi,

First deactivate the tax books in Company code B vide T code OAYZ for the respective asset class.

Then create a LSMW/BDC to transfer the balances from Co.code A to Co.code B vide T code ABT1N.

Hope it solves.

Regards,

GSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GSR,

Thanks much for your quick response. I have other assets that use these tax books in Company codeB. I am not sure if we can deactivate at asset class level as there are existing assets in Company CodeB with all books.

Please let me know your thoughts in this regard. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Nagi Andole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagi,

I am not sure whether it is possible to deactivate only for some assets.

But one workaround what I can suggest you is create a separate asset class for transferred assets only and deactivate tax dep area for that asset class.

Hope it solves.

Regards,

GSR