cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to start learning business process modelling and management from novice to professional?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

Actually i am an sapui5 consultant and but interested to work in bpm also .Will you folks please let me know what is the step by step way to learn it?

Any tutorials and videos will be great help?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have SAPUI5 skills already you might like Andre Backhoffen's blogs on combining the two

Also the latest SP of BPM includes generation of SAPUI5 tasks for BPM (and there's a session on that at dcode... INT261)

Enjoy!

Jocelyn

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Generation of SAP UI5 tasks in BPM itself???

That is some great news!!!!

What SP would that be exactly and when would it be available???

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Very very latest release.. SAP NetWeaver 7.31 SP13 and SAP NetWeaver 7.40 SP08

Although of course we've been able to use UI5 with BPM for the last year.

But having the tool do the heavy lifting in terms of cutting a basic SAPUI5 app for us.... <big sigh of relief>

Plus we can now run SAPUI5 Tasks on an external system ....<dancing in the aisles>

Enjoy!

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly! This is awesome! Does this mean that we no more have to write the oData code ourselves for Context access? Huge save on efforts! If that is the case....this is a very big leap as far as cross-system execution is concerned! Thanks a lot for the info Jocelyn.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is great news.  I've not properly touched a BPM system in anger this year but this has got my interest piqued right back up!

Now, we just need the PO Trial from the Dev Centre to be patched right up to 7.31 SP13 or 7.30 SP08 level and we're cooking with gas!  Who do I have to hound and pester to make this happen?!

Cheers,

G.

abdulbasit
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree Gareth. It is a great feature only when developers have the system to try and learn. Otherwise it will take years for developers to adopt and learn these great features.

Cheers.

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are many tutorials available online. Try the evergreen 'MyNameAge' tutorial for the basic push:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/307336b8-098c-2d10-be9c-d41ae345f...

There are many aspects to BPM, which you will learn with practice.

SCN BPM content also has many documents which you may follow. But practice is the key here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The very short answer is to use Google and SCN search to find all of the documents, blogs, help content, videos, tutorials, etc. that are scattered all over the internet as well as here on SCN.

The slightly longer answer...

There isn't a simple step by step path to go from novice to professional in BPM, just like many complex technological subject matters.  There is a vast amount of information available, you just need to put a small amount of effort into finding it for yourself.

If you are specifically talking about learning how to model and develop BPM solutions using SAP BPM, then I'd suggest you head over to the Developer Centre here on SCN and investigate both the content and the Process Orchestration trial system available there.  If you set yourself up with a trial PO system (which of course includes BPM & BRM) you can then use all of the standard tutorials available at help.sap.com for BPM as a start, then move on to all of the user generated blogs and documents here on SCN and the wider internet.

If you are actually talking about "generic" BPM, i.e. the use of BPMN 2.0 to model processes and implement Business Process Management within an organisation then I'd also suggest looking outside of SAP and SCN and letting Google take you on a journey.  There is masses of information about BPM out there.

The very first step should be honing your search skills, so that you become adept at finding resources like this for yourself, rather than posting a question such as this which is essentially asking SCN members to do the searching for you.

Hope this all helps,

G.