cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Records not syndicating

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have attached the Visio workflow screenshot. When i try updating any record in Data Manager, the records aren't syndicating to Port directly. I have to manually go to Syndicator every time and then trigger the records to port. (Port is defined as Manual). Can anybody help on this issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check the latest MDSS log and see if there are any error while connection of MDS ans MDSS.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please assist how to check the MDS and MDSS logs.

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shamir,

Did you try changing the port processing to Manual and the list of Syndicator ports available in the workflow?

You can check the logs in the Mounted MDM Server as shown in the screenshot. Please check for the latest log for your issue.

You should have the DB access to check the MDS log wherein for MDIS and MDSS you don't need one.

Regards,

Thamizh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i set the port manual and assigned it in the workflow. I could see the logs for 1st Nov 2014 but not after that. Below is the attached snapshot.

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Shamir,

Make sure you are checking the last page of the logs so that the dates are for the latest one.

However from the error it seems that there is a credential issue for the Syndicator. Check SAP Note 1345763 for setting up a password for Syndicator. The following link speaks about the same issue . Please have a check. Make sure you  are checking the latest error log on the last page of the logs.

Regards,

Thamizh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks! It was a password issue. The repository and the Syndication server had different passwords. So i changed the repo's pswd and it worked.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shamir,

Kindly share logs as requested above.Also share a WF history where issue propped up.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Could you please share how do we check the WF history/logs in MDM.

Thanks,

Shamir

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shamir,

If in MDS.ini Workflow Detailed Report is set to True, you can see the log in the Console itself.

Otherwise, generally only the statuses can be checked in the DataManager in the Workflows tab.

Regrds,

Thamizh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shamir,

I am pasting an excerpt from the Data Manager reference guide -

To view the history of the selected job:

1. In the Tasks pane of the Workflows tab, select the task corresponding

to the job whose history you want to view.

2. Right-click on the task and choose Show History to open the History

dialog.

3. Click OK when you are done viewing the history of the job.

NOTE .. By viewing the history of a cascaded job you can see the

IDs of the jobs receiving its checked out records.

NOTE .. By viewing the history of a split job you can see the ID of

the job which originated the split.

NOTE .. The History dialog displays all dates and times in GMT.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ravi

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Shamir,

Your question says it all. Change the Port to Automatic in Console.

Rgds,

Tamizh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I set the port to Automatic, then I am not able to select that port in Workflow stencil for Syndicator step. I can only see those ports which have been set to manual in that list.

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shamir,

Ignore the previous reply. Only those ports which are assigned manual processing can be used for Syndication through workflow. Please refer to the following thread

Hope this solves the issue. Let us know with your findings.

Regards,

Thamizh