cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility to pass multiple dynamic values via Input Mapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have the following scenario: we created a composite view which should firstly filter the BPM_MY_PROCESSES_DS table by date and status and then pass the resulting ProcessIds via input mapping to a custom DS table, so that only these IDs are regarded for the output data.

Is there any solution or workaround to pass a list of dynamic parameters via the input mapping?

Help is much appreciated, many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Maurice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maurice,

I am not sure I understand what do you mean by a custom DS table.

What type of input this custom DS table does expect?

For example, if it expects a string as an input, you should create a web service. This web service will get the multiple rows (the output of the first filter on BPM_MY_PROCESSES_DS table) and concatenate the ID's of the rows with ";" separator. The web service will return as a result a string and it will be the input of the custom DS table. And custom DS table should be able to handle the string of id's with the separator.

This is only an example, since I don't know what you mean by a custom DS table.

Thanks,

Talia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Talia,

the DS table is a Reporting Data Source which I created in the bpm process. And it indeed expects a String value, so i think your suggestion could work pretty fine 🙂 Unfortunately i'm really new in this topic and i don't know how to use and consume web services out of VC model. Could you help me with this?

Many thanks,

Maurice

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maurice,

I think the following documentation will be helpful for you:

Using Web Services in Visual Composer - SAP Documentation

Regards,

Talia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Talia,

many thanks for your provided link, I think my webservice is working now. But whenever i try to display the application i get the following error message:

Exception at BI Runtime: The operator OR is not supported by the data source

Regards,

Maurice

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maurice,

What separator do you use? Is it "; "?

Does the custom DS table (Plant_Report_Overview) support multiple values filter for the field you are trying to pass the string with id's to?

For example, BPM_MY_PROCESSES_DS supports multiple values filter for fields ID, DEF_VERSION_ID, ACTIVITY_ID, PRIORITY, STATUS, IN_ERROR, IS_ESCALATED.

Example:

STATUS = IN_PROGRESS; COMPLETED;

This multiple values filter selects all process instances with status In progress or Completed.

So I would suggest to check what type of filter the custom DS table (Plant_Report_Overview) supports (and what separator should be there) and implement your Web Service accordingly.

Regards,

Talia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Talia,

i tried both ";" and "; " but i get always the same result. Where can i check what type of filter my custom DS table supports? I created the DS in my BPM process and all i could configure there were the data types of the fields. And where can i find the appropriate seperator later? Sorry to ask all these stupid questions, but i'm a student who's really new in this area...

Thanks,

Maurice

Edit (some additional information):

Here you can see my output from webservice and the occurred error message:

And this string is mapped like the following to the data source:

Below you can see the operation it tries to execute from the application log file:

Query data source Plant_Report_140930135112846 with filter (PROCESS_ID EQUAL FB62D76D585011E4A7A50000103835D2 OR PROCESS_ID EQUAL 0DC9914C585111E4AC6A0000103835D2 OR PROCESS_ID EQUAL 131FD4E3585111E485190000103835D2)

Query data source Plant_Report_140930135112846 with filter ((PROCESS_ID = FB62D76D585011E4A7A50000103835D2 OR PROCESS_ID = 0DC9914C585111E4AC6A0000103835D2) OR PROCESS_ID = 131FD4E3585111E485190000103835D2)

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maurice,

Your questions are more than welcome, you should not be sorry about it

From Visual Composer point of view your model is OK.

As per the application log file it looks like the Plant_Report_140930135112846 understands the separator and translates it to OR. I am not a BPM expert so I cannot tell you why this exception is thrown by this DS.

You can try to ask this question in BPM forum. I think this is the link:

Regards,

Talia

Answers (0)