cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta DTP possible in BW 7.3 from source InfoObject to a target InfoObject?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have two customized master data.

I want to load from master data InfoObject X to master data InfoObject Y in BW 7.3 via a delta DTP due to huge number of records, is it possible?

Everytime i try creating a DTP it automatically creates a FULL DTP and no option to convert it into a delta one.

I understand there is no changelog/timestamping for an InfoObject but nothing new with BW 7.3 yet to load delta from InfoObjects?

Regards

Nidhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

A not complete solution would be by reading infoobject table, e.g. p-table before running "change run". Read all other statuses except "A". This way you can get changed records, but not new records which always set "A" as active object. This can not be read from DTP but rather from an own implemented program. The way to handle the inquiry is to implement a DSO which is loaded before  infoobject x, and then run delta to both infoobject x & y.

Regards

//Magnus

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can't get delta options a dtp level when you load data from info object to another info object.

Do one thing.

Design your data flow like this.

Info Object2-->DSO--> Info Object 2.

From DSO to info object 2 we can use delta dtp.(load from changlog table)

Thanks.

former_member418141
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

From Inoobject to DSO, there also only Full-update is possible.

So what is the advantage of this dataflow?

regards

Tom

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From DSO to info object2 we can introduce delta dtp which brings data from changlog table.

So delta load will be finished asap rather than full load.

Thanks

former_member418141
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI

thats right, but before you have to load data into DSO (in Full-mode) and activate it.

regards..

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, got your point and again its time taking. seems like suggested data flow was not worthy.

I am guessing to write a DTP at filter level.User need to read any created or changed date from P table.

based on that date only dtp will need to pick the records. it might be good idea.