Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot generate SWF file in SAP dashboard 4.0

arvind_shukla4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As a requirement , I have developed Xcelsius dashboard. Which is working fine for low volume of data according to client’s requirement.

But When I am developing same dashboard for more volume of data. I am not able to generate the output file for this and error is appearing (refer attached snapshot).

As we know that xcelsius having issues with high volume of data. So I tried below things to reduce the xcelsius file size and towards the solution.

1)- Remove the all lookup formulas to optimize the project file.

2)- Break large formula in to different pieces.

3)- Minimize the reference cell of formulas.

4)-  Minimize the number of components.

5)- I tried to create the output file from different flash versions ( Debug & Release Version).

6)- I also checked the log of flash by using debug version of flash, But till now.. No luck !

Still , I am getting same error.

The current file is having following things :

1)-  8 Components (2 list box,1 Image component,1 Combo Box with filtered rows selection,1 Rectangle,2 Labes, 1 Radio Button).

2)- One webi As a web service , which I have to bind with minimum 5000 rows  . It is having 20 Columns (12 Measures, Other are dimensions or calculated columns). Total min Volume of data = (5000*20 = 100000)

3)- Total Formulas approximately (5000*7 + 100)= 35100. Please note that I already optimize the number of formulas and length as much as possible.

4)- Version of Xcelsius : SAP Dashboard 4.0 SP4.

5)- Still size of source files more than 3 MB ( Refer SAP Note  1200 , But this for older version of Xclesius).

So it is requested that please help to find the solution of above issue or Any SAP note which shows limitation of xcelsius for SAP dashboard 4.0

Thanks

Arvind Shukla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jennifer_jacob
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Arvind,

Can you try to export the embedded excel file and re-import it back?

This should definitely help to get the file size down.

Regards,

Jennifer

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

What ever you said is OK, but dashboard is meant only for summarized data display. when you are going to cross the size of the file more than 1MB its going to show some performance related problem. Personally i would suggest you to go with some other tool like webi report to handle this much of records or change the logic or layout to handle minimal amount of records. There is no other go!!! . As advised always try to handle less than 500 rows of records in excel level.

--SumanT