cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trex cannot start TREXAdmin.sh (display error)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello  we have trex  version  7.10.55.00   on linux x64  installed .

To get to the  admin screen with    TREXAdmin.sh   I first start up attatchmate Reflextion x (version 14.05)

Then do en export of my ip address

export DISPLAY=01.02.345.678:0

Then run the  TREXAdmin.sh   command and the admin screen works ok

I just  installed a new version of trex   on linux X64    7.10.61.00  and when I try to access

TREXAdmin.sh       I get the following :

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Starting TREXAdmin on display 10.50.123.456:0, please wait.

Traceback (most recent
call last):

File "<string>", line 1, in ?

File
"/sapmnt/D19/exe/nuc/linuxx86_64/TREX_7.10.61.395713/python_support/TREXAdmin.py",
line 2690, in main

root = Tk.Tk()

File
"/usr/sap/D19/TRX05/exe/Python/lib/python2.4/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line
1569, in __init__

self.tk = _tkinter.create(screenName,
baseName, className, interactive, wantobjects, useTk, sync, use)

_tkinter.TclError:
couldn't connect to display "10.50.123.456:0"

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have found 1 pc  (vista with same version of reflection x) where it works ok and  a windows server  that also works.

I did some compares of the reflection x settings but have not found any difference.  any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My first thought would be to review the X server logs and have changes been made recently to X?

Former Member
0 Kudos

no changes that I can see

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check on which port the xmanager is listening, for example from your log it shows as "10.50.123.456:0" make sure your xmanager tool also shows '0' as the port.

Thanks,

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry. My mistake on the IP address, I just made them up  by force of habit when I post a message. but the  display 0 is correct and  0 is set  in the display setting of my reflection x .