cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getPrincipals function for LDAP users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Could you please anybody confirm that getPrincipals function is working fine for LDAP user IDs?

In production environment I am facing an issue where, tasks are not getting triggered for LDAP users. In NWA, task is showing as Erroneous. Also it is not possible to resume the task

In my scenario, I am passing unique name of user IDs as a string array into getPrincipals function to trigger tasks. Unique names that I am getting using API, contains special characters (\) for LDAP users. 

This ffunctionality is perfectly working fine in quality environment with UME user IDs.

Kindly requesting to provide any document or any help to resolve this issue.

Many Thanks

Ashwin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

the problem is that the unique id contains information about the source. Therefore, users created locally in UME and users coming from LDAP will have different unique ids.

If you know that the principal you read will be a user you can use the following function:

getPrincipalByUniqueName(<userName>, "User")

This will give you a user identified by the user id, not the unique id.

Best regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Please find hereunder the unique id format for the UME users imported from LDAP.

USER.CORP_LDAP.username

Hope this would resolve your issue.

Regards,

Ahmed

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why it contains "\"?  make sure you get the correct unique id

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

Thanks for your reply!

I have checked in SAP portal and found that for some users it is containing "\" in the unique name. I am not sure whether this is the default behavior for LDAP users. For UME users it does not containing "\" on unique name and it is working fine.

Thanks & Regards

Ashwin Careem

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you go to ume ui, it also shows you \ (unique id field )for that user in production.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

Yes. It contains \ in the unique name in production. Please find attached image. This behavior is only for some users. But work items are not getting trigered for any user who does not having \ in there unique name.

Thanks & Regards

Ashwin Careem.