cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future of Advantage Database Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the future of Advantage Database Server.  I have attempted to talk to someone at SYBASE about it but always end up talking with someone at SAP who knows nothing about it.

Is it being phased out?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not aware of any plans to phase out Advantage.  There is still a full sales team, engineering team and support team. 

There has been more and more integration with SAP.  The Sybase name should be gone by the end of the year.  With this integration may come some growing pains.  We went from a small company with ~100 some odd folks with Extended Systems to 60,000+ folks with SAP. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I get in touch with sales?  My contact was Jay Wendt, but I can't seem to locate him anymore.  I assumed he moved on, or does he just have a new email address and phone number?

A couple years ago I went to a training session in Boise.  Do you still put on these training sessions?  I found it extremely helpful.  It was great to meet other programmers who struggle with similar issues.  It was the highlight of my year.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stan,

Jay is no longer with the company.  Can you Direct Message me your contact info and company name?  I'll pass it to the sales group.  (Hover over my name and it should pop-up with an option to Direct Message).

At this time I don't believe there are any plans for an upcoming training session in Boise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hovered over your name but it says email (private).  My email is S Reinke at Salt Creek dot com.  No spaces of course.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I passed it along.  I thought on this page if you hovered over my name it would pop up a box with two buttons on the bottom:  Follow and Direct Message.

Anyways, hopefully you hear soon.

0 Kudos

I am in the same situation as Mr. Reinke.  If you would please pass my information along as well: George at amisoft dot com.  Thanks you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've passed the info along.

What number are you guys calling?  Is it the 1-800-872-1727?

Let me know and I'll call it and see if I can find some key words or something that can help get you to the correct team.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Edgar,  that is one of the numbers I tried.  Why is it so hard to contact sales?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not too sure, but SAP has several hundreds of products.  In fact "ADS" is the acronym for two different products - Advantage Database Server and Adobe Documents Services. 

I've got a conversation going with the phone line and hopefully I'll have more information over the next few days on what key words or what options to choose to get you to the correct person.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you still put on the Advantage Technical Summit? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't really work with the product much anymore so I'm not 100% sure, but I've not heard of any current plans for one at this time.

Edgar