cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Performance issue, Multiprovider, Navigational Attribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having a strange Query performance issue.

We have a multiprovider with 4 underlying cubes.

The query takes an excessive amount of time on one particular cube.

I’ve narrowed down the issue to a specific navigational attribute. If I remove this navigational from the query filter there is no issue. 

There are only unassigned entries for this navigational attribute in the particular cube.

The reportwas running fine before the underlying cube was retransported into the system for a different change.

The Multiprovider was not transported but was active.

I have tried reactivating the Multiprovider with the activation program but is did not have any affect.

We have a different Multiprovider with the same 4 underlying cubes plus some additional cubes and there is no issue on this multiprovider.

Thanks for the help

ingrid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you performed the aggregates on the cube if not please perform the aggregates.

find the query runtime using trace -tx-ST05.

put the only one object into rows panl rest of them put it in free char panel.

which version are you using?

if your are getting unassined values plase check the MP in LISTCUBE.

Thanks,

Phani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingrid,

Can you please tell on which BW version/release your system is on which you are getting the issue.

Also are you getting the issue in Java runtime or in ABAP runtime in RSRT.

If you are on BW 730 or 731 can you please check below note:

1734021 - F4 Performance issue when filter on navigational attribute

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Thankyou for the reply and suggestions.

I've tried ABAP and JAva its the same. Also we are on 731 SP 5 so I don't think the note will apply.

It is strange I've removed the restriction and only have the nav attribute ( vendor account group) as a free characteristic.  The query runs fine but as soon as I  drill down by it  I can see in SM50 the query is  grinds away reading the one infocube even though there are only unassigned values for this character and navigational attribute.

Regards

Ingrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingrid,

Below note is valid for your SP level. You can implement this note and test the performance.

1765358 - Performance improvement: Reading InfoObjects (nav. attrib.)

Regards,

Amit