Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web UI. Fact sheet. Start PDF separately

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are using SAP CRM Web UI.

Fact sheet is formed from business partner by clicking appropriated button.

System shows Fact sheet PDF form. It's works fine.

The problem is:

We can't do anything in SAP CRM system until Fact sheet PDF-form  was not calculated.

How we can start PDF Fact form separately and continue working with another Web UI objects?

Thanks a lot,

Denis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

CRM 7.0 version and above provide multi session functionality where Agent can work more than one session shimultaniously up to 6. If it is implemented you can have multiple session in this way you can work multiple object on Webui. or else you need to wait till fact sheet get launchs no other option.

In any other way in case you optimize uploading og .PDF will be helpfull for your case.

Thanks,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

I have a suggestion to make it faster in the same window.

1. Turn on the sql trace before generating the PDF. After generation turn it off and analyse it for the most time consuming query.

Mostly queries pertaining to BUT* tables and CRM order tables tend to take more time .

Go ahead and create an index for the slower queries in the DB and the time can be reduced

2. Check the speed of the RFC connection with ADS ( Adobe Document Service ). Basis can help you to fix incase of slow connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

How we can start PDF Fact form separately and continue working with another Web UI objects?

Do you want to create on a separate session? Could you elaborate?

Rgds

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas will be fine...

pedro_murias
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi denis,

I guess you have this request because the generation on your system must be slow?

My advice will be to try to debug it so it goes faster (as it should)

Are you using BW integration ? consider tunning your query parameters.

Other wise I'll advise to generate a Z button to launch it on a separate window... but not sure how it will work.

Regards,

Pedro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Pedro.

I have this request,

because we have a lot of information, that we can have to get and show.

How we can start to get PDF fact sheet and continue to work?

Denis

pedro_murias
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

My advise will be to copy the code of the current fact sheet button, and create a new component maybe kind of transaction launcher url, so the pdf generation can be pop-up in a different mode.

Any case are you sure the information must take so much time? Cannot be lighted maybe using two different Factsheets a light one and a heavier one?

Regards