cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP synchronization leads to ECC short dump MESSAGE_TYPE_UNKNOWN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a customer I am investigation an issue with business partner synchronization between CRM and ECC on a quality environment.

A CRM address change leads to a short dump in ECC - MESSAGE_TYPE_UNKNOWN (the change itself seems to be correctly transferred to ECC).

Debugging tells me that the dump is (indirectly) caused by include LVV02F0M line 66-68.

IF SY-BATCH IS INITIAL.

MESSAGE I012 WITH GROUP_COUNT NODATA

ENDIF.

In other words, the system thinks it should present the message in foreground whilst the process is running in background. Only the values for variables GROUP_COUNT and NODATA are transferred to the middleware message table. Since it cannot handle the message without a message type a dump occurs. The route to this dump is:

1. FM PI_BP_CUSTOMER_ALE_INBOUND_RI - variable IV_KNVK_MASS_SWITCH is initial

2. FM IDOC_INPUT_DEBITOR

3. FM ERP_IDOC_INPUT_DEBITOR - PERFORM FILL_APPL_STRUCTURES..

4. Include LVV02F3N - PERFORM call_transaction..

5. Include LVV02F3J - CALL_FUNCTION 'DEBITOR_BDCDATA'

6. FM DEBITOR_BDCDATA - PERFORM MAPPE_PRUEFEN-OEFNEN

7. Include LVV02F0M

Regarding point 4: the variable INPUT_METHOD is initial which corresponds to no display mode. I have checked the CRM RFC destination to ECC and the RFC user (which is not a dialog user) but could not find a setting that is responsible for SY-BATCH being initial.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Miguel Ruijsenaars

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189549
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Miguel,

Can you please attach the full dump error.

thanks

Willie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Willie,

I have attached a dump extract and I hope this helps.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Miguel

former_member189549
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Miguel,

Can you please make sure that there is no User exit active in your system, you can check this in  table TBE34 in your ERP system. if there is active user exits, please deactivate these. Also make sure that filters are in synch in your system, this can be checked in transaction R3AC1, click the relevant object.

Finally ensure that the only entries in transaction CRMC_BUT_CALL_FU that are active are the ones contained in note 757955. If there is any active Z function modules, please deactivate them.

Thanks

Willie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Willie,

Thanks for your help.

In the meantime I have debugged some more and found that the actual cause was the call transaction XD02 not returning a success or failure message. I would have expected message F2 056 (changes have been made) as the result of the call transaction.

I have created a simple recording via SM35 for tcode XD02 and it did not return any message at all (whilst sy-subrc was 0).

I have set breakpoints on all places where message F2 056 is created and found out that in include MF02DFS0 there is a perform VERBUCHUNGSAUFRUF and that has perform ADDITIONAL_DATA_SAVE.

That perform searches for implemented BADI's and it appeared that an active BADI is causing the issue. If I skip the BADI via debugging all works well.

Kind regards,

Miguel

Answers (0)