cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to load selected properties of masterdata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I checked over different How To, SCN, but did not find any contains.

How can I load automatcally masterdata to bpc 10 ms , for only selected properties,

I mean that some properties are maintained directly in BPC admin,

although, others have to be loaded from the BI,

Any tips to advices,

tks a lot,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivia

You can build a Data Manager package or create a package in SSIS that would be scheduled to run automatically and import the information from the system of your choice.

Once the data is imported you will need to process the dimensions and the SSAS cube.

Stefan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivia,

in addition to Stefan's reply, if you only  want to update some property values you can add a "Slowly Changing Dimension Task" to your package and configure it to update only the dimension properties you need.

The "Slowly Changing Dimension" transformation provides the following functionality for managing slowly changing dimensions:

•      Matching incoming rows with rows in the lookup table to identify new and existing rows. 
  •      Identifying incoming rows that contain changes when changes are not permitted.
  •      Identifying inferred member records that require updating.
  •      Identifying incoming rows that contain historical changes that require insertion of new records and the updating of expired records.
  •      Detecting incoming rows that contain changes that require the updating of existing records, including expired ones. 

Hope this helps.

Kindest regards.