cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic extraction Using View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My requirement is to extract data from 2 tables T7EHS00_SRV_EXA & T7EHS00_EXA_TXT.

Table 1: T7EHS00_EXA_TXT

Table 2: T7EHS00_SRV_EXA

I have created view based on the below condition.

But my view shows only 3 records as below. But i want to fetch all the records to BW. IS it not possible with view? If not, shall i create 2 datasources for each table and load into 2  dso and merge into single DSO using lookup? Please guide me..

Thanks

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The view will display only those records that meets your join condition, in this case 3 records.

What I understand is that you want to see all records i.e. from 2nd table as it has more records.

If that is the case, yiou can just based your views on table 2.

Rgds..

Shambhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shambu,

Yes you are rite. Please tell me how to create view  based on table 2 which has 8 records. I have tried different combinations but unable to fetch all 8 records. pls guide me.

Thanks

Vijy

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can based your database directly on table 2. No need to crreate a view here.

Rgds..

Shambhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt reply Shambu.

but my requirement is I need all the records from table2 with 2 more fields (line counter & comment lines) added from table 1. Hope you got my requirement. Any suggestion..

thanks

vijy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I got it. But in your case, all the records from table 1 is already there in table 2. So, all the records will be reported. This is what is being shown in the above screen shot.

Rgds..

Shambhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry u didn't get you. In table 1, record wid SRV number 3 doesn't exist. But it exist in table 2. In my view am missing this record. But I want all the records from table 2 With two extra fields (line counter & comment lines) added from table 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

These two tables are attribute and text. In a vewi you will get only the records which are common in both table that is it will be based on join condition. So if you create a view on attr and text table then you will only get the records which have texts maintained in you table and it will miss all records in attr table for which the text is not maintained.

If you want all records of both tables then you will have to create two separate datasources for both tables and then merge it in bw with a DSO.

This is the same reason why we have lot of different text and attribute master datasources in standard content in BW.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Amith,

I believe so., Thanks for making me clear.

as you said am gonna create 2 datasource to load into 2 dso and will merge into single dso.

thank you all

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Need to load all the tables individually into the single DSOs.

view should be a better option.

But from the above screenshot u have put, I can see only 3 records in the first table.

So its fetching only those records which are common to both the tables i.e. 3 recs.

Now even if u fetch individual tables to DSO & take a lookup, still there also u will get as many number of recs.

BR