cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import / Export .max with SAP Visual Enterprise Author 7.0.2.65

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to import (and/or) export 3ds max 2013/2014 files. And YES: I recently installed the latest SAPVEThirdPartyPlugins_2.0.0.30880 package as well as checked the corresponding settings in the SAP VEA Plugin Manager. I started the COM / DCOM server manually in 3ds max.. But whatever I do, SAP VEA does not recognize 3ds Max.

Is the import/export of .max files with SAP Visual Enterprise Author 7.0.2.65 at all possible? Am I doing something wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

derrick_hurley
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

I am assuming you had 3DS Max & SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Author 8.0 installed prior to the plugin installation.

Please open 3DS Max and go to its plugin manager under menu 'Customize -> Plug-in Manager' ... scroll down to the plug-in files RH_MAX_2013.DLF and RH_MAX_2013.GUP (I have Max 2013 installed), and make sure the plug-in files are loaded correctly into the 3ds max plugins folder.

You should now be able to export 3DS max files from SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Author 8.0.

If this fails for you still, please open an Incident in SAP Support Portal under the component CA-VE-VEA

Kind regards,

SAP VE Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Derrick,

thanks for the reply. Unfortunately your advice did not work. But before I go into the promising depths of the support portal, I would again refer to my question:

Is the import/export of .max files with SAP Visual Enterprise Author 7.0.2.65 in combination with the latest plugins possible?

I do not use SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Author 8.0. I have SAP Visual Enterprise Author 7.0.2.65 licensed.

--------------------

Unfortunately, I must also post another concern here. I have tried to report an incident at the Support portal. However, I can´t do anything without proper authorization. For authorization I need either a Customer ID or my License Number, but my license number will not be accepted. That means I can not report anything or update my software or even change my usual user profile.

Can you help me, so I can direct my concerns directly to the support?

Kind regards,

Sebastian

Message was edited by: Sebastian Schramm

derrick_hurley
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Please see our direct message to you.

Kind regards,

VE Team