Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Issue while Data Preview from HANA View

niteshgupta87
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using BW on HANA. We have created DSOs (info provider) in BW and generated HANA views from there. We have also created analysis authorizations in BW for authorization relevant characteristics. In HANA, we are able to go to the generated analytic view and preview the data from it successfully.

Now I have created a test user and assigned a custom role with below authorizations to this user in HANA:

- bw2hana/../REPORTING role (this role is automatically created by activation of DSO in BW).

- Roles MODELING, MONITORING, CONTENT_ADMIN, USER.

- Multiple system privileges although not needed, like REPO.EXPORT, REPO.IMPORT, etc.

- Analytic Privilege  _SYS_BI_CP_ALL

- Package Privilege: REPO.READ for all required packages (tried with ROOT package also).

In BW system also, the test user has analysis authorizations providing access to the relevant info objects.

But when I am trying to preview data for HANA view, I am getting attached error (also listed below):

"Cannot get the data provider outline

SAP DBTech JDBC: [2048]: Column store error: Search table error: [2950] user is not authorized"

I tried to trace the situation is HANA and got below details in 2 trace files:

indexserver_alert_saphana.trc:
[6433]{416977}[66/-1] 2014-10-14 00:59:27.541187 e CalcEngine       ceAuthorizationCheck.cpp(02365) : AuthorizationCheckHandler::addAPsToSearchObject: Error during converting SqlAPs to Query entries

indexserver_saphana.31003.075.trc
[6433]{416977}[66/-1] 2014-10-14 00:59:27.541197 i TraceContext     TraceContext.cpp(00702) : UserName=TEST_SSO, ApplicationUserName=<<computer name >>, ApplicationName=HDBStudio, ApplicationSource=csns.modeler.datapreview.providers.ResultSetDelegationDataProvider.<init>(ResultSetDelegationDataProvider.java:118);csns.modeler.actions.DataPreviewDelegationAction.getDataProvider(DataPreviewDelegationAction.java:278);csns.modeler.actions.DataPreviewDelegationAction.run(DataPreviewDelegationAction.java:242);csns.modeler.actions.DataPreviewDelegationAction.run(DataPreviewDelegationAction.java:127);csns.modeler.command.handlers.DataPreviewHandler.execute(DataPreviewHandler.java:53);org.eclipse.core.commands

[6433]{416977}[66/-1] 2014-10-14 00:59:27.541187 e CalcEngine       ceAuthorizationCheck.cpp(02365) : AuthorizationCheckHandler::addAPsToSearchObject: Error during converting SqlAPs to Query entries

Do you know what this "Error during converting SqlAPs to Query entries" actually means"? How can we resolve this issue? The authorization is working properly for our user ids. But we need to provide restricted access for business users so trying to create test user and custom role.

Thanks

Nitesh Gupta

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitesh

I hope you are doing well.

I am having the same issue , did you find the solution?

Can you share it with me?

Best Regards!

Michele

0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

Please refer to below link:

Thanks

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Nitesh

The issue has been solved.

Regards!

0 Kudos