Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generated Analytic Privileges from BW Analysis Authorizations

niteshgupta87
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need some information. We are using BW on HANA in our landscape. In BW, DSOs are being used as info provider. While activating DSOs, our  developers select the check box "External SAP HANA view". This generates an analytic view in HANA for the DSO. Also an analytic privilege (and HANA role) is generated for the DSO.

I have below queries related to these generated analytic privileges and roles:

1. In development system, we got the analytic privilege and roles generated from BW. How these will be moved to QA HANA system? BW team has transported to DSOs to BW QA system and automatically the HANA views were generated in HANA QA system. But I can't see the privileges and roles in QA system.

Do we have to make sure that before DSOs are moved to QA system, info objects are auth relevant and analysis authorizations are transported there?

2. Is this generated analytic privilege a must for users to view data from HANA views?

Thanks

Nitesh Gupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

were you able to figure out the resolution for your query 1? I am also trying to figure out where are these generated analytic privileges are stored? I see where the generated HANA views are stored.

Thanks

Neha

niteshgupta87
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Yes, this was resolved. Make sure that the characteristics (all that matters) are auth relevant in QA system also and users are assigned appropriate analysis authorizations. Then only users will get analytic privileges and roles assigned.

If you have already transported BW objects to QA and then transport the characteristics & analysis authorizations, use tcode RS2HANA_CHECK to generate HANA authorizations.

You can find the generated roles and analytic privileges in Security -> Roles in HANA.

Hope this resolves your query.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

We are still in development environment and experiencing below error when previewing the data for HANA generated analytic view. That is why I was asking in my earlier post is there a way to look at the SQL analytic privilges generated by the system to see if my below error is related to that.

When we generate the HANA models, system creates a role with a SQL analytic privilege and a procedure in studio, after assigning the generated role to the user we get the below error.

""""""""""Error: SAP DBTech JDBC:[485]: invalid definition of structured privilege: Invalid filter condition""""""""""""""""

RS2HANA_CHECK showing everthing green except the session client for SAP<sid> is not maintained.

Any thoughts of what I am missing here.

Thanks

Neha

niteshgupta87
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

While running RS2HANA_CHECK, select the check box for generating authorization for SAP<sid> user also.

Also configure authorization and Analytic Privilege trace and analyze it after the error. You would get to know what is causing the error.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Can you please share the solution for this, if you have any. I am facing the same issue.

Answers (0)