cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link parent dashboard to child dashboards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

Please help me to link parent dashboard to child dashboards.

I have created 2 dashboards which I have saved both in BI launch pad and then open parent dashboard created flash variable then map with spread sheet cell.

I have copied document link of child dashboard in another cell configure that with parent. While clicking on push button then it is asking BI Launchpad credentials instead of open direct child dashboard. Please help me here .Child dashboard is not triggering directly, asking for credentials

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194862
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

Thank you for your inputs Now I have exported parent dashboard to bi lauch pad now its opening fine.child dashboard opening in another window.

I am building talent supply dashboard(HR),Pls check below link

BI Content & BI Content Extensions - SAP Library

I would like to display this dashboard as suppose on the top of the dashboard have push buttons like ratio,organizational assainment etc..when we click those buttons child dashboards has to display on same window is it possible pls help me here.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Mohan

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Great document,for parent and child dashboard in BI 4.0 using flash variable.

Here are the steps I followd :

1. Created chid dashboard and taken the documnet link

2. Created parent dashboard and specified the flash variable CELogonToken and binded in A1

3. Concatenate document link and formula as below : http://server name/BOE/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?sIDType=CUID&iDocID=Aaa_tbXdidlLva6o_Sz2XOo"&sKind=Flash&CELogonToken="&A1

4. Export the parent xlf file

But child is not getting loaded in business objects as above.

Can we take the document link of the child ? from bo or am I missung any steps.. please advice

your help is much appreciated!!

former_member194862
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sangeetha,

To troubleshoot the problem you can map a label to the canvas and check what is the exact url when the child is getting called.

Also check if the variable format for the CELogonToken is CSV.

Further you can also check the application domain is new for the swf loader.

I believe that the issue lies around the final url that calls the child.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your response, as per your sugesstion I am able to load the child url in the parent,

I have used the below url :

="../../../Xcelsius/opendoc/documentDownload?iDocID=AWzeqwEe2NFHhEeXE2B_urE&sIDType=CUID&CELogonToken="&N5

Now I am trying to pass a dropdown value selected from parent to child say month is the variable name

Dropdown selection destination say A1 value is current month Jun-15

Created flash variable in the child dashboard as CSV and named as month

Concatenation of the base url with the variable

&month=

This is my final url where as in the place of N5 i get the logon token as expected

../../../Xcelsius/opendoc/documentDownload?iDocID=AWzeqwEe2NFHhEeXE2B_urE&sIDType=CUID&CELogonToken="&N5

&month=Jun-15

But the selected value is not getting passed from parent to child. Am i missing any steps here?

Please provide your thoughts on this, your help is much appreciated!

Thank you!

Sangeetha

former_member194862
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sangeetha,

As you have created a flash variable in the child so you can fetch the value of this variable into excel in other words the name of the flash variable created should be the same as that of the name used in the parameter.I also believe that the url may be incorrect especially the lsS part where we pass the values from parent to child.

So in my opinion it should be lsSmonth.

Regards,

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

For the other dashboard to open directly without asking credentials open the main dashboard in launchpad from your default browser.

If you are trying to access the other dashboard from tool make sure that you are logged in in your default browser.

And better to use 'URL Button' component for open doc function.

Thanks

Seshu.