cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to customize the page builder in NW7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As you all know we have 3 type of personalization in portal.

1. iView Personalization

2. Page Personalization

3. Portal Personalization

We are planning to customize the page personalization with some additional capability, because currently we can add/remove the iView from the page or move iView from one container to another container based on page layout.

When i try to check the code link of the page personalization, i am getting two different iView for the same action.

1. webDynPro page(/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/pb/PageBuilder)

2. java page (com.sap.portal.pagebuilder.pageBuilder)

I like to customize page builder application.

I am not able to locate EAR file of the page builder component.

If any one have done this already, please give your feedback/suggestion for the same.

Helpful answers will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Regards,

Kathiresan R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saar,

Thanks for your information. I like to customize the page builder file. I couldn't locate the class file mentioned by you in the WAR file.

Is this any other way to download EAR file/web dynpro application of the page builder to customize.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Regards,

Kathiresan R

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kathiresan,

If you can supply the WAR file I will help you locate the PageBuilder.class file.

SDA and EAR files are basically the same..

Inside of an EAR file you will fine the same WAR file.

BR,

Saar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saar,

Thanks i got correct WAR file from my basis team and i am able to locate the class file mentioned by you.

I have one more question to you,

How can i do my changes is page builder class file and deploy the code to server?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Regards,

Kathiresan R

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kathiresan,

You need to change the class files inside of that WAR, update the WAR file (just put the new class file inside of it and when WinRAR asks if it should update say ys).

After that you must undeploy the original pagebuilder from the server and deploy yours in order for this to work or else you will receive an error that the application already exists with a different vendor.

you deploy it by using the NWDS, there is a view there called deploy view.

If my answers helped you i'd be glad if you can mark them as helpful/correct so others who view the thread will also use them.

BR,

Saar

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kathiresan,

What you are looking for is located inside of EP-RUNTIME SCA

The component file is com.sap.portal.pagebuilder.SDA

inside you will find the JAR file for pagebuilder (inside of the war file of course).

Inside of that JAR file there are 2 classes that really interest you:

1. PageBuilder.class (obviously ).

2. inside of the utils folder --> DefaultIviewPersonalization.class.

inside of the pagebuilder class you will find "handleEditMode" which is called in personalization.

if the iView inside of the page doesn't implement doEdit then it will go directly to the DefaultIviewPersonalization.

Hope this helps .

BR,

Saar