Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Material List / exclusion list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

get error msg

Material xxx is not listed and therefore not allowed

I know there are many posts about this topic , believe me I have already checked them , normally the problem is order type is wrongly activated for list, or condition record is not maintained.

I tried different customers for the same order type ZA01, other customer works fine.

So my question is :

1. if i have in SPRO the following line, does it mean , the list and exclusion list is activated for this order type ?

ZA01 ( order type ) - B- ZI0001 inclusion ---- ZE0001 Exclusion

2. If i maintained in VB01 only one line as record e.g. Sales org A + customer A + material A ( for ZI01 as condition type used in ZI0001),

then i can create only with Sales org A , customer A, mat A for order type ZA01 ?

any other combination would get error message ?

e.g.sales org A + customer B + Mat A ---> error ?

e.g.sales org B + cust A + Mat A ---> error ?

3. Is this how the list works for the order types ? if a list is activated for an order type, then system only allows the record from the list?

If it is true, then I have worked with this ZA01 order type with different customers, which are all NOT in VB02 . How to explain that ?

*actually the error message appears only when i use this customer A.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ian_kehoe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Recke,

In the standard system any customer can buy any material.

A listing record is created for a particular customer when this customer is only allowed to buy certain materials. It is a customer-material-relationship. 

For example customer CUST01 should only be allowed to buy materials MAT01, MAT02 and MAT03. He cannot buy any other material but all other customers can buy MAT01, MAT02 and MAT03 and any other material in the system.

Note 863767 has more details on this logic.

I hope this information has helped explain the system design.

Best regards,

Ian Kehoe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

thanks for the reply.

So that is also as I expected, the list is to limit on the customer level, thus if list existing, then the customer is only allowed to purchase material on the list.

but  material on the list can also be purchased by the other customers. right ?

Ok, now my problem is, i got the warning, but for this customer, I didn't find any records in VB02 for including and excluding, what else problem could that be ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to SE16N and check for tables KOTG* which contain the records. Depending on your system you´ll find from KOTG001 to KOTG999.

Regards,

JM

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Recke,

Once you have maintained a material list for a customer, then that customer can be sold materials from that list.

This will not affect any other customer, those materials can be sold to other customers (given they are not excluded for them)

If you get error msg for a customer for whom no list/exclusion exist, then chances are that, there was a list which was maintained earlier for that customer and may be the material has been deleted from the list or the list itself has been deleted.

Thanks

Jobi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please find the replies to your questions based on my understanding:

1. yes

2. no, if that is your setting, it only means when sales organization A and customer A are specified, only material A is allowed, in other words, if the combination of sales organization and customer is something else (like that in your example), other materials are totally allowed

3. no, as stated above, material listing/exclusion is condition technique based, and only when the conditions are met (i.e., the combination maintained in listing/exclusion equals what is input in sales document) that the materials specified in VB01 will be taken into account

and for your latest concern, agree with MK M sir's statement

since there could be multiple accesses for a condition type (listing/exclusion), and in standard SAP system, there two accesses for listing, one for sold-to while the other is for payer, so the chances are that even though your sold-to customer is not in the condition records, your payer is

so please check and reverse, good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Listing/exclusion on considering two partners Sold-to-payer, payer

when the sold-to-party & payer different

If the sold-to party has a material listing,the system only checks this material listing

The list of sold-to party can include the materials that are not listed in payer

If there is no list for SP and list existed for PY then system consider payer list

If no listing existed for material for both SP and PY means system consider any material for order

First check in our case as SP & PY are different

Reward points if helpfull

Regards

MK