cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link to PM Notification Item in Archivelink

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to use Archivelink to store documents against a Notification Item.

The configuration is there to link to a Notification (Object BUS2080), but when I try to add the OAC3 configuration to attach to the Notification Item (QMFE... I think!), I can not see the "Item" application object in the SAPGui Archivelink button... but I do see the Task (see screenshot).

Interestingly, the Task application object does not appear to be configured in OAC3!

However... if I use OAAD to manually modify the file link to business object QMFE, this works fine.  So I can store and retrieve using the Archivelink back-end, but cannot do so from the business object in SAPGui.  I imagine that I have either used the wrong object or have done the configuration in the wrong place.... but if one of those is the case, I don't know the right object or the right place.  I would appreciate any assistance or guidance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Micah,

this popup "Choose an object" is comming from GOS (Generic Object Services) and not from ArchiveLink. In this pop-up you can choose with which object type will be GOS called. Applications can publish GOS with more than one business object type. In this case the transaction you opened published GOS with two business object types 1) Service notification and 2) Tasks.

So if you would like to use the Store business document service, you have to carry out the OAC3 customizing (business object type, document type (from tr. OAC2), link table (from table TOACO) and content repository definition (from tr. OAC0) and Link = X).

On the other hand applications can call the Attachment list service with multiple business object types. For example tr. FB03 publishes GOS with BKPF, but the Attachment list service will be published with BKPF, BSEG, BUS2081, etc. So you will see attachments in relation to these business object types too, if there is relevant document created. (To be more precise the application will decide for which instances of these business objects will be the attachments displayed.) But you have to carry out the OAC3 customizing for BKPF in order to activate the Store business document service in tr. FB03.

For more info please check the GOS troubleshooting here:

Generic Object Services (GOS) Troubleshooting Guide - Technology Troubleshooting Guide - SCN Wiki

and FAQ here: Frequently asked questions about Generic Object Services GOS - Application Server Infrastructure - S...

I hope this info clarifies the behavior and helps you further.

Best regards,

Janos

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

GOS is published either with function module SWU_OBJECT_PUBLISH or class CL_GOS_MANAGER. If I want to find out the correct business object type I usually put a break point on the function module SUSR_USER_LOGONDATA_GET, because every time GOS is published it will be checked if the current user is a Dialog type user or not.

then you can find in the call stack the relevant call for the above mentioned SWU..... FM or class. And there you can check the business object type and the instance ID.

(These corresponding to the SWO1 transaction.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janos,

Thank you for this - so my understanding of this response is that out-of-the-box I am not able to use IW52 to publish a document with a link to the Notification Item QMFE.  Is there an enhancement point where our developers could add this functionality?

Thanks,

Micah

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Micah,

I'm from Basis, so I'm not familiar with IW52, maybe the experts from that application area could tell.

BR,
Janos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Micah,

Please choose correct service notification number on IW52 . Please check for my configuration settings.

Regards,

chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Chandu.  I already have BUS2080 configured, and it works to attach to Notification Header and Notification Tasks... I would like to attach to Notification Items, and this is the problem that I can't seem to get around!