cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to validate a textbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Please am new to developing addon for sap but am very good at using visual studio to developing apps but I need a simple code to validate a textbox item "SAPbouiCOM.EditText" using sap coding methodology for visual studio. Here is a sample code in normal vb.net and I want the same for sap.

Pls I also need a link where I can study online and get sample codes for SAP Microsoft Visual Studio since the concept is different from screen painter doe I have gone through sample SDK Codes bundled with SAP but the coding concept is different.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//// NORMAL VB.NET CODE

Private Sub btnSave_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnSave.Click

If txtFName.Text.Length = 0 Then

MsgBox("Please enter firstname.", MsgBoxStyle.Information, "System Message")

txtFName.Focus()

Return

Exit Sub

End If

End Sub

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//// SAP CODE THAT I TRIED USING

Private Sub ebtnAdd_ClickBefore(ByVal sboObject As System.Object, ByVal pVal As SAPbouiCOM.SBOItemEventArg, ByRef BubbleEvent As System.Boolean) Handles ebtnAdd.ClickBefore

'Throw New System.NotImplementedException()

If pVal.FormUID = "Form1" And pVal.ItemUID = "btnAdd" And pVal.FormMode = SAPbouiCOM.BoFormMode.fm_ADD_MODE Then

If Me.etxtFName.Value = "" Then

SBO_Application.StatusBar.SetText("Please enter firstname", SAPbouiCOM.BoMessageTime.bmt_Short, SAPbouiCOM.BoStatusBarMessageType.smt_Error)

End If

End If

End Sub

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tund

Each SCN Topic Space has an Overview note that describes what that Space covers. THis space:

Looking at your query, I believe you posted in an incorrect Space. Please have a look at the following index to see if you can find the correct forum for your query:

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

0 Kudos

Hello,

Not clear what you are doing, Is this an Addin/Plugin you are wanting to add the Crystal Report Designer or are you wanting to build a front end application and make changes to reports before previewing them?

A good place to start is these samples:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/NET+RAS+SDK+Samples#NETRASSDKSamples-Exporting%2FPrinting

RAS is the Report Creation API engine.

Don