cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Assets Imports Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have an issue with imports of fixed asset. Below are my details and screen shots:

Setup:

• Depreciation Method: Straight Line
  • Remaining Book Value: 100 USD
  • Financial Period 01-01-2014 to 31-12-2014
  • Import Fiscal Year: 2014
  • SAP Version: v9.0 PL 13

Logic:

I have Assets acquired in fiscal 2014, now i want to import them as master date then capitalize the asset in 2014.

Now while i am importing the asset via Administration  Data Import/Data Export  Data Import  Import Fixed Asset Master Data from Excel  . I get an error "Net Book Value of Asset must be greater than or equal to 100.00"

My template format is as follows:

Column 1: Item-code

Column 2:Item Description

Column 3:Asset Class

Column 4:Depreciation Type

Column 5:Depreciation Area

Column 6:Useful Life (Months)

Column 7:Remaining Life (Months)

Please see attachments relating to the same.

Appreciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member196081
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check below

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

I did go through the thread you sent thanks, however I didn't get a solution to my issue.

The issue is immediately I set "Remaining Book Value" =100, the import fail with error "Net Book Value of Asset must be greater than or equal to 100.00". But if it is =0 the import goes through.

Note I am just importing master data.

Regds,

AGN

former_member196081
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you are importing master data then there is no need to import the Remaining book value field.  What is the purpose of importing the remaining book value? you can import historical APC with master data .

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nagarajan,

I appreciate your help. However I am importing the fixed assets as master data. In the depreciation type I have activated a setting "Remaining Book Value"=100.

I am using SAP B1 v9.0 PL13, does it mean this is still a bug in the system?

Thanks

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

Thanks for your feedback once again.

I am not importing the remaining net book value.

The scenario I have is that the asset can only depreciate upto a residual amount of 100. Thus I have done this setting on the depreciation type setting ( refer my screen shot) I had attached.

Now while I try to import new Assets I am getting the error I have described.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you are correct. It should not be happened in PL13.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

former_member196081
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please try with @Nagarajan K  reply. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nagarajan,

I therefore conclude this is a bug.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guyz,

I added one extra column i.e. APC Value and I was able to import.

Thanks for your support.

Regards.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for feedback. The above error message should not appear in this PL13.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

I have another question before i close this thread.

How does SAP B1 derive the "Depreciation End Date". Because i have a scenario where:

Depreciation Start Date: 22.03.10

Depreciation End Date: 21.03.15

Useful Life (Months): 60

In the 2015 fiscal year the asset will depreciate 2 months, i.e. feb and march. January is left out.

Please confirm if this is system behavior.

Regards,

AGN

jitin_chawla
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reason could in your case be that your Depreciation Start Date is not starting from the first day of the month. It can impact the remaining life of the Fixed Asset.

If you check your Fixed Asset enable check box, you must have selected 'Monthly' which does not correspond with the date which you have taken.

Also, APC is one of the required field which needs to be taken while importing the Fixed Assets which was rightly found by you.

Kind Regards,

Jitin

SAP Business One Forum Team

julie_jamieson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jitin,

Does this mean we can now import asset data for the current financial year?

Joselito
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can Import fixed assets that have to be capitalized for current Financial year as NEW:

Meaning:

a) The start depreciation date is empty

b) The APC, Accumulated depreciation are empty

c) Capitalization date is empty

Once you have imported the asset as 'new', you can use application or DTW to enter the capitalizations

This is a logical consequence of system definition documented in the Help File: when you import an asset in any given year the values that you enter must be the values that the asset has on the first day of the fiscal year selected for the import:

BASIC RULES FOR IMPORT FIXED ASSET FROM EXCEL 9.0 (some documented and some based in my experience)

a)Capitalization date, if entered must be <= first day of fiscal year selected for import

b)Depreciation start date, if entered must be <=first day of fiscal year selected for import

c)Remaining useful life = Total number of months of total useful life -Number of calendar months counting from the calendar month of Depreciation start date until the last month of fiscal year prior to the year selected for import

d) If Remaining Useful life is 0, then  APC - Accumulated Depreciation - Salvage Value =0

e) Having Salvage Value is only compatible with Depreciation type that has marked a % of salvage value <>0

f) If Asset Class selected has several areas active, all areas must have value in the import

g) Depreciation areas ' derived' must have exactly same values than the area that is derived from, except accumulated depreciation and depreciation type, that can be different,

h) Values must be defined always for 'main' Depreciation Area

I) Keep the same date format order and separator used in company database general settings for  date type values. Only change the alphanumeric to numeric, example 'July' , is 07

j) For numeric values: do only use the decimal separator if the value has decimals. For example '10,00' should be entered as 10

k) For numeric values ensure that you use the same decimal separator used in company database general settings ',' or '.'

l) Do not use thousands separators, example '10.000,43' should be entered as 10000,43

j) Do use the same number of decimals that are allowed in company database general settings

k) Use Item No in the template as the first column A

Jose